OC CCCS Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

So I know that they are working on upgrading the system...

I know theres a P25 control channel out there with 3-4 frequencies that exists

also the NPB fire units got new radios recently...

whats the final plan with the upgrade... all P25?

Thanks

Matt

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No news right now. The P25 control channel is still broadcasting in Orange County and the only talkgroups that have been noted lately is the AIRCALL and RED Talkgroups and thats it.

Yes Newport Beach has upgraded to the APX 7000's. Everything is still pretty much standard quo

They wait any much longer than a year or so then they might as well upgrade to Phase II and be done with it.

I dont think anything will change much as to their talkgroup structure. LE will still stay encrypted as they have been and fire and the rest will probably just stay in the clear and be done with it.

The county keeps LE happy staying protected behind the curtain, and the rest is just in the clear to keep the general public within the county somewhat happen and not cause an up-roar.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth.

pepsima1

Banned
I have yet to see a city or a county encrypt all of PD and Fire. But OC was the first in the line to Encrypt all of Law Enforcement but I doubt Fire would get Encrypted.

I read in a letter and I would have to find it that is says in County documents that the The County of Orange does take into account for a balance of open clear talkgroups. I will find it or search for it on the internet and post it.

But for now, no worries.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Yeah,

it looks like they have about 20 "new" radios on this system with 7 digit radio id's...

all they seem to do is turn them on, and change them to certain channels, and leave them on... rarely do they key up with them...

Im seeing RED, AIRCALL, 5-B and 2-E actively now

pepsima1

Banned
Seems like the trunk site goes dark in the evening and around 9am to 9:30am the site starts to transmits again talkgroups

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
When you say 'goes dark' do you mean the control channel disappears? Or do you mean there is no traffic?

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Honestly,

What i think happens is that the station 98 guys come into work, flip on the new radios to a channel or two they want to listen to during the day while they are working, and then when they go home, they turn them off...

Right now RED, OCFA Dispatch (5B), AIRCALL are all on,... so those radios got left on...

it seems like its a true smartzone system that only broadcasts channels that radios on that cell are tuned to... no radios on.. no channels to listen too.. RED is on pretty consistantly, AIRCALL too... you'll see TAN-CALL more often than not as well..

like i said before they have about 19 or so radios with 7 digit radio IDs that seem to control what you can hear on this cell

Status
Not open for further replies.