OC Fire Alpha Tags in DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

deboe

I was wondering why the Alpha Tags for the fire talkgroups in the DB for the OC County System do not have the "Number/Letter" ids in front like the radios do.

For example Metro Net Dispatch for North County is listed as :

Alpha [ NOR-DSP ]
Description [ 2E Dispatch (ANA/BRE/FUL/GGV/ORG) ]

That talk group is called "Two-Alfa" by the users, and on the radios is listed as
[ 2A NOR-DSP ]

All of the fire talk groups are referred to by the Number and Letter.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
We recently had a discussion here in this forum and it seems the consensus was that it would be too difficult to please everyone's particular preferences, so WSIWYG.
I am with you on using the official channel tags, but that doesn't work for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

deboe

You can change to whatever decription you want in the alpha... My D.B. Alpha describes more info. What kind of scanner and software are you using?

Oh im cool my list has what I want, I just was thinking Alpha Tag would match the Alpha Tag on a real system radio.

kma371

QRT
Typically, alpha tags aren't supposed to reflect actual channels names, they are more geared towards ease of understanding the actual use for scanner users.

In this instance, I see no reason why we can't add the two letter identifiers you mention. I'll try and get to it later today.

scottyhetzel

I was wondering why the Alpha Tags for the fire talkgroups in the DB for the OC County System do not have the "Number/Letter" ids in front like the radios do.

For example Metro Net Dispatch for North County is listed as :

Alpha [ NOR-DSP ]
Description [ 2E Dispatch (ANA/BRE/FUL/GGV/ORG) ]

That talk group is called "Two-Alfa" by the users, and on the radios is listed as
[ 2A NOR-DSP ]

All of the fire talk groups are referred to by the Number and Letter.

The Costa Mesa talk group for dispatch reads in the D.B. "COS-DSP "(Costa) . However dispatch broadcasts "Mesa"
Does the radio read "Cos-Dsp" ?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
It reads "3-A COS-DSP"
COS is the FIRESCOPE 3 letter identifier for Costa Mesa FD

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.