Ocean County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacker13

When is the trunked system for Fire and EMS coming on-line. Are they going to be analog or digital and what are they using the conventional fire frequencies for?

DJ88

Ocean County Fire Departments & EMS Squads are not on a trunked system of their own. The county is integrating them into the County Public Safety Trunked System they are now using. This is being done gradually but should be completed soon. Only the departments that are dispatched by the county will be on the system. Departments that are self dispatched will stay that way. There is rumor that the companies on Long Beach Island will have their own VHF frequencies, not part of the county system.

Paging & Alert will be on a conventional VHF Frequency 508.1875. There is alsoa dispatch frequency of 508.1250. Not sure which one we hear the tones and dispatch on, so put them both in your scanner. I haven't heard any activity on either one yet. Also from what I gather there are also some other conventional frequencies that may be used: 506.7375 Command, 507.1875 Fireground 1, 460.5875 Fireground 2.

After dispatch the departments will switch over their assigned talk group on the trunked system for response and fireground. If you need those talk groups, post and I will list them for you. I believe some companies are still being dispatched on low band 33.780 but switching over to the trunked system talk groups after dispatch.

There are a few companies already on the system, that I know of. Station 11 Barnegat (supposedly went on last Tuesday), Station 20 Pinewald Pioneer, Station 47 Stafford Twp., Station 85 Berkeley Haz Mat. There may be more, but that's all I have at this point.

If you need any more info or anything I said clarified, post and I or someone will respond.

wacker13

Ok--thanks for the info. If there are any diiferent talkgroups then the ones listed in the sight I would appreciate that or if you have the breakdown of which companies are assigned to which talkgroups that would be appreciated to. Thanks again for the info. I assume they are going to stay analoog and not go digital right away.

DJ88

There has been no talk of them going digital at all.

The fire talk groups posted on the RR Database are all correct. Here is a list of the station assignments for the talk group zones:

Zone 1 - 16 - Beachwood), 17 - Bayville (Berkeley Twp), 18 - Manitou Park (Berkeley Twp.), 20 - Pinewald Pioneer (Berkeley Twp.), 37 - Ocean Gate, 38 - Pine Beach, 85 - Berkeley Twp. Emergency Response / HazMat, 86 - Berkeley Twp. Scuba team

Zone 2 - 15 - Beach Haven, 46 - Ship Bottom, 47 - Stafford Twp., 48 - Warren Grove, 49 - Surf City, 50 - Tuckerton, 52 - Eagleswood (West Creek), 70 - Parkertown, 71 - West Tuckerton, 72 - Mystic Island, 84 - New Gretna

Zone 3 - All Zone 3 Departments are Self Dispatched. I don't know why this talk group even exists.

Zone 4 - 32 - Manchester, 33 - Whiting (Manchester Twp.), 34 - Ridgeway (Manchester Twp.), 39 - New Egypt, 62 - Lakehurst, 63 - Lakehurst NAS (County can dispatch them for mutual aid)

Zone 5 - 11 - Barnegat, 12 - Pinewood Estates (Barnegat Twp.), 59 - Bamber Lake (Lacey Twp.), 60 - Forked River (Lacey Twp.), 61 - Lanoka Harbor (Lacey Twp.)

There is a Station 51 - High Point (Harvey Cedars, Long Beach Island). It's not on the Zone 2 list with the other LBI departments, so I don't know if they operate on their own frequencies or if it was just omitted. Barnegat Light FD has their own system and frequencies and are not on the county system.

hulka

ZONE-3 would be for Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Lavalette. They are all self dispatched by there respective PDs. Island Heights is not on the list, station 53.

Mantaloking & Bayhead are not on the list either. Station 35 & 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.