Odd 436 issue - appears to stop receiving until reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbryant76

So this is odd, maybe the favorites list I am monitoring is just oddly silent at the times i am experiencing this but it seems if I am listening to a Marcs IP P25 favorites list (Hamilton county, Ohio - Law dispatch, tac, talk) that the system seems to go oddly silent.

I do an analyze and signal strength, and quality is good and i can see the activity bar moving..so I know I am getting signal. This can happen even if I am sitting at a fixed location..so I know I am range of the transmitters.

If I power it off and then back on, the unit seems to come alive again...

Again this could be coincidence, but it seems to be strangely quiet until I reboot..maybe perfect timing of activity but this just started happening and the unit is about 2 months old.

I did try a new SD card for giggles, and that didn't really change anything.

Anyway, again maybe there isn't an issue but this is strangely odd.

BigC801

My 436hp does this when I hold on a talkgroup, it will not receive anything again till I hit scan and sometimes I have to reboot it.

rbryant76

I actually think it has to do with the system itself. They are changing control channels/sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
I have to partially agree with the OP. I seem to pick up traffic great but the longer my 436 I feel the batteries drain more I end up restarting or plugging it up and it does fine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.