Odd digital sound on Old Lyme FD UHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Anyone else here constant bursts of digital noise on Old Lyme Fire's UHF, 453.16250, PL 179.9?

I do not believe this channel is also on DMR, it is has been their xBand of their low band and is in use as a convention UHF channel.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am hearing it also. It is a DMR polling transmitter. A DMR system will transmit a poling signal every X amount of seconds depending on how the administrator programmed the radio. The only DMR traffic I hear on that frequency is Cape Cod transit buses. They come in here quite often even at my location (I am hearing them this morn). They are color code 1 and talkgroups 1 & 2 and slots 1 & 2 are used.
They also use 453.425 and 453.7125 with the same color code 1

ecps92

The bands have been open the past few days.
T-Band from NYC well into Boston :cool:

I am hearing it also. It is a DMR polling transmitter. A DMR system will transmit a poling signal every X amount of seconds depending on how the administrator programmed the radio. The only DMR traffic I hear on that frequency is Cape Cod transit buses. They come in here quite often even at my location (I am hearing them this morn). They are color code 1 and talkgroups 1 & 2 and slots 1 & 2 are used.
They also use 453.425 and 453.7125 with the same color code 1

sefrischling

So what you're saying ECPS92 is I should just shut off my UHF radios for the next few days? It is driving me nuts.

sefrischling

Nope, not at all, but maybe turn on the CTCSS

Days ? , the band has been exceptional this summer

I have PL / DPL set on all the channels. I am only actually having the issue on Old Lyme Fire. Lyme Fire, Fireground Red/Fireground Blue are fine, those are the ones I typically keep on scan while in my truck and on my desk

sefrischling

Oddly at the same time Old Lyme UHF is getting locked up recently, their LowBand, which is Lyme/Old Lyme, and Waterford's low band are nearly impossible to receive. Old Lyme is a few miles away and I can see Waterford from my kitchen

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
Nope, not at all, but maybe turn on the CTCSS

Days ? , the band has been exceptional this summer

It has been insane. there has been a good trough between CT and Cape Cod north and CT and Central Jersey

Turn on med 9 and 10 and it is a mad house

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
i run PL on my radios . The only thing i do not like about the newer Motorola you can not do Scan and Monitor at the same time. Nothing like opening it up and hearing everything

sefrischling

Two of my radios won't pick up ELFD or ELPD ... and I live in East Lyme .... with the PL tones over the past week or so, while all the other radios are working just fine. The UHF radio has PL for OLFD and Lyme Fire, but digital noise is driving me nuts on OLFD. My Minitor IV not picking up OL/Lyme and Wtfd Fire on 33mhz while I can see Wtfd and am just up the road from OL is maddening.

Is it over yet?

ecps92

Nope
VHF Propagation Map

Two of my radios won't pick up ELFD or ELPD ... and I live in East Lyme .... with the PL tones over the past week or so, while all the other radios are working just fine. The UHF radio has PL for OLFD and Lyme Fire, but digital noise is driving me nuts on OLFD. My Minitor IV not picking up OL/Lyme and Wtfd Fire on 33mhz while I can see Wtfd and am just up the road from OL is maddening.

Is it over yet?

sefrischling

Just guessing,It has nothing to do with ELyme being on Waterfords digital system?

East Lyme is analog conventional VHF and it is just recent with lots of radios going wonky.

I have heard a number of cops in town complain their town portables have not been reliable the past few days.

sefrischling

i love to go down to the Niantic boardwalk near the train bridge that time of night. I have worked the DMR machines in NYC from and HT there

I am there all the time, I just walk over from my house. Easy to spot, two cameras, two Minitor IV pagers

Status
Not open for further replies.