• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Odd digital sound on Old Lyme FD UHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here constant bursts of digital noise on Old Lyme Fire's UHF, 453.16250, PL 179.9?

I do not believe this channel is also on DMR, it is has been their xBand of their low band and is in use as a convention UHF channel.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am hearing it also. It is a DMR polling transmitter. A DMR system will transmit a poling signal every X amount of seconds depending on how the administrator programmed the radio. The only DMR traffic I hear on that frequency is Cape Cod transit buses. They come in here quite often even at my location (I am hearing them this morn). They are color code 1 and talkgroups 1 & 2 and slots 1 & 2 are used.
They also use 453.425 and 453.7125 with the same color code 1

The bands have been open the past few days.
T-Band from NYC well into Boston :cool:

I am hearing it also. It is a DMR polling transmitter. A DMR system will transmit a poling signal every X amount of seconds depending on how the administrator programmed the radio. The only DMR traffic I hear on that frequency is Cape Cod transit buses. They come in here quite often even at my location (I am hearing them this morn). They are color code 1 and talkgroups 1 & 2 and slots 1 & 2 are used.
They also use 453.425 and 453.7125 with the same color code 1

Nope, not at all, but maybe turn on the CTCSS

Days ? , the band has been exceptional this summer
I have PL / DPL set on all the channels. I am only actually having the issue on Old Lyme Fire. Lyme Fire, Fireground Red/Fireground Blue are fine, those are the ones I typically keep on scan while in my truck and on my desk

Oddly at the same time Old Lyme UHF is getting locked up recently, their LowBand, which is Lyme/Old Lyme, and Waterford's low band are nearly impossible to receive. Old Lyme is a few miles away and I can see Waterford from my kitchen

i run PL on my radios . The only thing i do not like about the newer Motorola you can not do Scan and Monitor at the same time. Nothing like opening it up and hearing everything

Two of my radios won't pick up ELFD or ELPD ... and I live in East Lyme .... with the PL tones over the past week or so, while all the other radios are working just fine. The UHF radio has PL for OLFD and Lyme Fire, but digital noise is driving me nuts on OLFD. My Minitor IV not picking up OL/Lyme and Wtfd Fire on 33mhz while I can see Wtfd and am just up the road from OL is maddening.

Is it over yet?

Nope
VHF Propagation Map

Two of my radios won't pick up ELFD or ELPD ... and I live in East Lyme .... with the PL tones over the past week or so, while all the other radios are working just fine. The UHF radio has PL for OLFD and Lyme Fire, but digital noise is driving me nuts on OLFD. My Minitor IV not picking up OL/Lyme and Wtfd Fire on 33mhz while I can see Wtfd and am just up the road from OL is maddening.

Is it over yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.