Odessa/ector county

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloppy

I am looking for ANY analog freq's not in the database . I remember awhile back somebody posted a old freq that was in use now for fire dispatch to here that, I lost the freq and dont think it is in the database.

plus I am looking for any ideas on the sheriff dept freq's and why they died all of the sudden but no changes in freq's. not sure but i think I read they using nextel cells now?? is this correct and if yes can we do anything to grab that signals.

I cant afford a digital scanner at this time and just wish to hear more odessa thats possible over listening to midland.

thanks

Also looking for Bee County / Beeville TX freqs to nbe sure they are up to date for a trip I will be there for a month and will take scanner. like to prg before i leave .

I have all prg in from the database. was just asking to see if anyone in that area had any new or other freq's that be interesting to listen to.
would like any and all things for the prisons there again besides whats in database. thats alot to dig thru for tdcj for that area. I know they have 3 prisons there and has to be more freq's then what is posted. like the handhelds they use inside and such.

It just sounds like it might be interesting to hear some of that also while in the area.
Garza east and west and McConnel prisons.
then possibly anything for connelly in cuero I think is where that 1 is also. doubt i hit it with whip but friend said to put antenna up outside so he can use it also. so just wwish to have a batch to test with.

nobody has digital there so cant hear the dps for sure.

thanks for ANY and I mean a HUGE thanks for any help.
Just wish to find some oddball freq's to listen to over sitting there scanning and not hearing much for just a month of play for me . now for him thats ok he have time. just want to start out on a good foot for testing.

Fred
KE5HTB

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
sloppy said:
Also looking for Bee County / Beeville TX freqs to nbe sure they are up to date for a trip I will be there for a month and will take scanner. like to prg before i leave .

I have all prg in from the database. was just asking to see if anyone in that area had any new or other freq's that be interesting to listen to.
would like any and all things for the prisons there again besides whats in database. thats alot to dig thru for tdcj for that area. I know they have 3 prisons there and has to be more freq's then what is posted. like the handhelds they use inside and such.

It just sounds like it might be interesting to hear some of that also while in the area.
Garza east and west and McConnel prisons.
then possibly anything for connelly in cuero I think is where that 1 is also. doubt i hit it with whip but friend said to put antenna up outside so he can use it also. so just wwish to have a batch to test with.

Fred
KE5HTB

There are more frequencies to check out for those TDCJ units. But you have to be inside the highway gate at most units to hear the handhelds inside the units. Most units will only use their repeaters for outside activities, such as field force, maintenance, farm and ag ops, and dog kennel training. Use the frequencies you see on the TDCJ database page under Region 4 to hear the Beeville/Karnes City area units, and if you really want to try to get close enough to hear portables, plug in all the frequencies at the bottom of the page that say "statewide use" as these are "building channels."

I have worked at TDCJ for 6 years and done a lot of radio research. I put a lot into that page, and it should be quite accurate. A quick list of TDCJ jargon for you so you don't get confused:
"building channel" - radio frequency used to coordinate movement inside the prison, such as chow, showers, work turnouts, emergencies, and counts.
"repeater channel" - repeater used by one or more units in an area to coordinate farm and ag resources, transportation buses/vans, field force squads, maintenance squads, etc...
"field force" - what the old chain gangs were. nowadays, they are generally the inmates with poor attitudes/track records. some are just new inmates being broke in with "hard" labor, most are medium or close custody losers.
"dog kennel training" - inmates and dog kennel supervisors laying tracks across the land to train the dogs.

They also use 10 codes with a freaking vengenace. Everything is 10 this and 10 that.
10-1 bad signal
10-2 good signal
10-4 ok
10-5 relay message (radio picket operators love this one)
10-9 repeat message, or "I heard you but I am having fun jacking with you"
10-10 inmate fight
10-12 standby
10-13 weather report (done every morning at 0100 by radio pickets)
10-19 used both for returning and meeting
10-20 location
10-21 why can't they just say "call me"
10-23 chain buses arriving at the unit
10-25 meet me
10-33 emergency
10-78 officer/inmate altercation
10-86 officer
10-95 inmate

sloppy

thanks

thanks for the 10-codes. i will be within 1-2 miles of the prison and where i will be staying you can look out window and see the mcconnel unit itself.

Kinda scarey these folks live across the field and 1st places if they breakout for them to hit. about 1/2 mile from wardens place there also I was told.

maybe i can try for some more freq's when i get there for something to do when i cant sleep at night.
thanks for the input and I did program all them in like you said. most i have to do is lock them out till I get home to erase them all anyways.

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.