Offical London On Scanner Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullmax

I am in London and would like to get feedback on all us Londoners on what you are listening to, updates ect.

patches4442

I am also in London. I listen to thames ems and london public safety. I would like to know if there is a london fire department scanner feed on this website. Do you know of any other scanner feeds from london, ontario.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I listen to LFD and the EDACS system mostly, as well as a few of the other trunked systems occasionally. I also keep an ear on UWO (mainly the CCPS and Emergency channels) as well as London Transit.

As far as scanner feeds what you see if what you get I believe. If there are others, they are likely private. Once London Fire switches over to the EDACS system I may provide a feed for that (reception of the current Motorola system is very poor in Strathroy).

CanWoodsman

I am just northeast of London & generally listen to Aylmer/St. Thomas police, UWO police, & OPP vehicle repeaters. Sometimes I also listen to the rural fire depts. & ambulances.

Bullmax

I listen to EMS, fire, OPP and the malls security. I think the security frequencies here on RR for the malls are actually the maintenance staff. Does anyone know the actual security frequencies?

se

I live in White Oaks here in London and Ive been a scanner buff now for 20 years now and I have everything on my BCD996XT...I do find sometimes that reception can be tricky, I also have the Watson Mini Magnet Mount antenna mounted right on top of the scanner but I was pleasantly surprise with this little antenna...Ive owned several scanners during the last 20 years and I have my favourites...I think the London Police Dept. should be strung up for encrypting their communications because we have the right to monitot them as law abiding citizens...I hope that whoever becomes our new chief pf police sees the light and turns off the encryption so as to create more trust and open-ness with the general public...I hope I didnt ramble on too much in post here I just wanted to tell it like it is...

Sheldon.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I think the London Police Dept. should be strung up for encrypting their communications because we have the right to monitot them as law abiding citizens...I hope that whoever becomes our new chief pf police sees the light and turns off the encryption so as to create more trust and open-ness with the general public...I hope I didnt ramble on too much in post here I just wanted to tell it like it is...

Sheldon.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. Unfortunately, we don't have a 'right' as citizens to listen to their private communications. Don't get me wrong, I agree 100% that it's a shame we can't listen in, especially with the seeming increase in violence and crime in the city of late. But what can ya do... London has always been pretty tight with that kind of stuff. Even back in the early 90's before they went to the EDACS system they had an encrypted 'privacy' channel (as did Chatham).

se

Yup they did have an encrypted channel on their old system before they went to EDACS but you could still here plenty like CPIC and other stuff...Ive been waiting for years just to vent about their use of encryption and this was the right time to do it i think...Im tempted to put similar comments in the London Free Press just before the new chief takes over just to see what kinda public response i get...I remember back in 1996 an article appeared in the Free Press about them switching to trunking radio, they thought that since people wouldnt be able to monitor them that crime rate would go down HA.DID ANYBODY WATCH THE NEWS TONIGHT ON THE A-CHANNEL?

Bullmax

Im tempted to put similar comments in the London Free Press just before the new chief takes over just to see what kinda public response i get...

I will back you up 100%. I also believe we have the right to listen to the LPD. Maybe start a petition and send that to the chief.

patches4442

I am glad you got the buffering out of your transmission of ems and fire. It is coming in crytstal clear even the fire department. I was listening to someone else's feed which is now offline and the fire department was very garbled so it was heard to hear anything.

Last edited:

patches4442

I am glad that you got the buffering fixed. I it coming in crystal clear. I was listening to someone else's feed before they went offline and the fire department was coming in very clear.

red_dog_six

Thought about hooking a scanner up to my computer, FD's are not as busy out in Elgin. I just leave my FD pager on the open ch and get all our FD's..........

patches4442

I was listening a few minutes ago and the dispatcher said the time was 9:41 am. That is weird is this site from early this morning. Shouldn't it be the correct time.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes I think a petition is long overdue!

Keep in mind that if you were to petition the PD to drop their encryption, the still use a digital format that cannot be scanner by any scanner. And even if they did decide, for whatever reason, to lose the encryption I guarantee you they won't be flipping all their talkgroups over to analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.