Officer Larry Lasater..... Pittsburg Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I had the priviledge of attending the funeral and memorial service today for Officer Larry Lasater of the Pittsburg Police Department. Officer Lasater, for those who have not heard, was killed in the line of duty while trying to apprehend two robbery suspects on April 23, 2005. He was shot once in the leg, and once in the neck reportedly severing his spine. Despite the courageous acts of Officer Lasater's colleagues, and the firefighters of Contra Costa Consolidated Fire District Station 83, Officer Lasater died of his injuries leaving his wife and unborn son Cody. His last act to his community was to give continuing life to three other human beings by donating his organs for transplant.

I did not personally know Officer Lasater, but I do know some who have worked with him, and through the words of his friends, family, and colleagues today I feel as if I did know him at least in spirit. I ask that all of you in the law enforcement community, and everyone served by law enforcement keep his family in your thoughts and prayers if you so believe.

Rest in Peace Larry, SEMPER FI!

kma371

QRT
Sid,

As a member of the law enforcement community, I share your thoughts. I didn't know Larry personally either, but I taught scenarios during his academy class, in which he was class president.

It's really a shame that someone who gives his life for his country and his community, had his life taken by someone that gave very little to either.

My thoughts and prayers are with Larry's family.

-Bill

I didn't see or hear anything till yesterday till my mom said she was going to be late coming home from work that she had to cover for her co worker. So she came home I ask why was your co worker out today. She said that she went to a funeral for her cousin that was a officer that was killed by 2 robbers. I watch the news yesterday afternoon saw everything.

My prayers are with Larry's family

SAR923

Another good person who gave back to his comminity has paid for his life because of people who give nothing to the community but crime and violence. Since we're in California, the scumbags will be able to sit on death row until they die of natural causes.

There has been a memorial fund set up to help Officer Lasater's wife and unborn son. If you wish to contribute, you can send a check to :

Lasater Family Fund C/O PPOA
Attn: Duel Group
Merrill Lynch
1111 Broadway Ave. Suite 2200
Oakland CA, 94607

Rest in Peace, Officer Lasater and Semper Fi!

P.S. I submitted my resignation to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department today after 26 years of service as a reserve deputy and SAR coordinator. The situation both politically within my own department and the dangers on the street have just become intolerable. I don't know how you full-timers stand it these days. :(

kma371

QRT
SAR2401 said:
The situation both politically within my own department and the dangers on the street have just become intolerable. I don't know how you full-timers stand it these days. :(

Us young guys can't afford the pay cut of going back to civilian life...at least that's my issue.

scannerfan

rest in peace larry

I am a chula vista firefighter and just would like to say that he gave his life protecting and serving his community and he made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty and I would like to honor him rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.