Official Butel ARC-500 Software Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have tried that over and over again, .Just tried it again.Just checked all the property panels after the reinstall and they all state that the driver is functioning properly. No known issues.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Maybe not doing this right...can you walk me thru it? When I open the USB Cable Driver folder on the CD itself, there are five folders listed -

Win-98_ME
Win2000
Win2003
WinVista
WinXP

30-3290 USB Driver Install

For Windows 10, (not listed) what are the steps? I've been installing the latest (Win2003)

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Installed latest version of driver for Windows 10 and no change. The virtual display window only allows keypad navigation - no logging, nothing in the drop down feature, and no virtual display, Anytime I try something and make a change or reinstall or anything, I always do a complete shutdown.

Now that I did the driver install for ARC500 which didn't work, now my ProScan stopped working,

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I've done everything Butel has instructed. On both my older Win7 machine and my brand new Win10 machine. Same results. I am asking myself now, is it possible to have a bad cable? But, if so, how am I able to program and control the scanner thru the PC perfectly? The ONLY things not working is logging and virtual display. Something is amiss here and I have been trying to straighten it out for a very long time and it's now getting ridiculous. All drivers are up to date and working perfectly. Software has been unistalled and reinstalled on two different computers. If I have a bad cable, is it possible to experience only partial problems ,i.e., a couple things not working and everything else is? I am going to buy a new USB cable - which one to buy for this scanner (ws1065) and Win10 and ARC500? I cannot think of anything else to do.

K4EET

Chaplain
BCD536HP Scanner Audio Choppy with ARC536PRO Logger

Gommert,

I am using ARC536PRO Version 2 Build 14. When I start Virtual Control for Logging via USB/COM3, the scanner audio becomes "choppy" and the scanner no longer stays on a talkgroup for the duration of the transmission plus the delay time. The scanner jumps around quickly to different talkgroups cutting off transmissions after about a second of elapsed time.

Once I disconnect the Virtual Control from USB/COM3, the scanner audio returns to normal and the scanner remains on the talkgroup for the duration of the transmission plus delay time.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong when I use Virtual Control on USB/COM3?

Thanks in advance!

Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
Gommert,

I am using ARC536PRO Version 2 Build 14. When I start Virtual Control for Logging via USB/COM3, the scanner audio becomes "choppy" and the scanner no longer stays on a talkgroup for the duration of the transmission plus the delay time. The scanner jumps around quickly to different talkgroups cutting off transmissions after about a second of elapsed time.

Once I disconnect the Virtual Control from USB/COM3, the scanner audio returns to normal and the scanner remains on the talkgroup for the duration of the transmission plus delay time.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong when I use Virtual Control on USB/COM3?

Thanks in advance!

Dave K4EET

I addressed this to Gommert but perhaps somebody else might have some insight? Please feel free to respond in case Gommert doesn't. Thanks in advance! 73, Dave K4EET

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Gommert, can you take a minute and address my problem? Any ideas and/or suggestions besides updating drivers? My previous post describes my symptoms - thanks

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Again I ask, is it possible that only certain aspects of the features in the software are affected by a bad cable? Programs fine, and I can perform functions on the scanner via the VC's buttons - so how can everything else work but the virtual control? I've not heard of this before, therefore I hesitate to go out and drop $20 on a cable when the one I am using is communicating just fine between the computer/scanner. I've already told you about this and asked about it weeks or months ago...Ahhh, you know what, this is getting old. Just forget even responding to this, okay.

The only way to communicate with you is here since you have PMs blocked, so I am forced to say it here.. You do not reply from the website. You answer a Forum question vaguely every couple of weeks. This has been a 'Known issue' with me for a WHILE now and you know it.. You don't seem so supportive, or even interested and I am a loyal repeat customer. So, you know what? If you're not going to be professional about this and work out the problem I'll just go away and count my losses and never buy from you again. I'll pay the Pro price for the Basic version and consider you a lesson learned. That's it.

You have a nice day, sir, and God bless. It ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.