Official Butel ARC-500 Software Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Mark01 said:
Well I can answer my own question.the flexstep bug will be fixed in the next build of the
software .I did not get to check the Yahoo ARC500 group until today as my membership was pending,but sure enough it states this at the Yahoo group.

The latest release 0.95 now has Flexstep support,

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

powerhouse

virtual control question

I am in the learning curve right now with the ARC500 software and so far I like it. I already have ARC396PRO so I'm used to the way this software operates. I was wondering though, are there any plans to make the virtual control window viewable when minimized just like the ARC396PRO is? I like to minimize the window but still be able to see activity in the smaller window down near the task bar.
Thanks Gommert and keep up the good work.
powerhouse

don333

Global Settings

Could someone, please, give an explanation of the Global Settings; particularly LCD Blinking and LED Blinking and what the sliders control.

Thank you.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Did you select an option (move/copy/swap)?

Here is an example:

In the Object Browser click on 'conventional' and enter a frequency and set scanlist to for example 2.

Now open the Move Scanlist window and set
'From Scanlist: 2'
'To Scanlist: 1'

Select option 'Move' and click apply, in the grid you will see that -2 changed into -1.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Williamb

Premium Subscriber
My scanner indicated to that there were no tsys (talk group system indicated for my talk groups) After reading a post in the ARC500 Yahoo group I looked at the Object Editor for talk groups within the ARC500. I was surprised to see that the whole column titled trunk system was blank. Since I never download from the radio and I absolutely know I did not edit the column I am wondering how did the information disappear. I frequently upload to the scanner and that probably occurred after trunk system info went blank which caused the scanner to indicate no TSYS indicated. It was an easy fix since there was only one system involved and I used the fill button.

I am wondering have you seen this before and what caused it.

Thanks,

William

Williamb

Premium Subscriber
Yahoo Group ARC500 - Problem saving SERVICE SEARCH

Wondering if anyone has the impression that the Yahoo ARC500 group are not posting messages. I tried to add two messages to a current post and nothing happened with respect to the following:

"In ARC500@yahoogroups.com, "swca1985" <wbern@...> wrote:

I am entering the service search mode. I enter the service type,
e.g. amateur, group frequency, alpha tag, assign it to a scan list,
designate search mode, put delay on, enter delay time. After
entering this information I click save. At that point all my information
disappears from the cells I just populated. I also tried
uploading the information to the radio without saving. The information in the
cells also disappear. Am I doing something wrong - if so what should I do? Or is it the
software?

Thanks -

William

I can duplicate this, the software ignores the 'amateur' setting in
service search mode. Will be fixed in the update coming end of this
week.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com"

This is what I tried to post twice but it never appeared. Maybe there is some technical issue with posting at the group.

I also wanted too add that if you program an amateur Service Search in the scanner and then download to the ARC software the software adds a phantom frequency group (#7) which does not exist. Thereafter the problem of not being able to save the ACR information or re-upload is the same - it disappears.

Thanks

D

DaveNF2G

Did the message never appear, or just not appear when you returned to the group after posting?

New messages posted to Yahoogroups won't be visible until the next time you log on. Messages posted to moderated groups will be visible after they are approved.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Williamb said:
Gommert -

Wondering why the messages are not being posted to the Yahoo Group ARC500?

Thanks
William, that message has been listed on the Yahoo PSR500 Butel group since yesterday morning. In fact this part of your above (his response) is copied from the Yahoo group.
Code:
I can duplicate this, the software ignores the 'amateur' setting in
service search mode. Will be fixed in the update coming end of this
week.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com"

Williamb

Premium Subscriber
Yes I agree. I tried to post additional information after that. On that group the initial post needs approval but after that posts seem to be posted immediately.

In the instance I am referring too additional posts made to that thread never were posted. I tried twice to add comments. The reason I asked was I was wondering if this was a problem other people have noticed.

Mark01

Wondering if anyone else is experiancing this in ARC500 V1 build 1 I'm getting very slow sluggish performance when using the virtual control window, the window basically freezes at times and pressing the keys deliver no feedback to the scanner at times because of the freezing up issue.I'm running a fairly fast computer (2.8ghz/1 gb ram),I also use ARC 396 and that virtual window works great compared to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.