Official DNC Char/Meck VERIFIED Monitoring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8x

SHP ON H1 for DNC

All the various troops from districts around the state are using H1 called (Charlotte) for DNC....I hear troopers from districts A,B,C,D,E,F, and ofcourse H...Gonna be a busy week of scanner monitoring fun....Also hearing traffic on H2.. first time for that talkgroup.....

Last edited:

kg4pbd

All the various troops from districts around the state are using H1 called (Charlotte) for DNC....I hear troopers from districts A,B,C,D,E,F, and ofcourse H...Gonna be a busy week of scanner monitoring fun....Also hearing traffic on H2.. first time for that talkgroup.....
I'm not sure if this is a multicast or a different talkgroup, but on the Charlotte P25 system I'm hearing troopers from all districts calling "Charlotte" rather than "Monroe", on talkgroup 30544.

kd8x

I'm not sure if this is a multicast or a different talkgroup, but on the Charlotte P25 system I'm hearing troopers from all districts calling "Charlotte" rather than "Monroe", on talkgroup 30544.

I am getting a bunch of different 30,000 type hits on that system....30502, 30521, 30508, 30544 , 30523 etc...I bet this is the state highway patrol on the various districts being used....

randyK

I also caught the "Charlotte" rather than "Monroe" traffic on Viper SHP H1 TG (14016). I also wondered about that.
I wonder if these new IDs on the P25 system are not some of the other PD's radios from across the state going there in support of the DNC. I heard some PDs were taking there own radios to be reprogrammed & used while down there.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
2012 DNC Char/Meck Verified Monitoring Targets Thread

For those of you that have sent me PMs/Emails here is your
Verified Targets monitoring thread for the 2012 DNC in Charlotte.
The Rules:
--Only Post verified monitoring info. Do NOT post monitoring info
that has not been verified.
--Do not post questions in this thread. Any posts of "What freqs are in use?" or
"where can I listen?" will be deleted. This is not a query thread.
--Do not start engaging in political partisan discussions. I don't care if you are
left, right, conservative, moderate, liberal, up, down, anarchist or whatever. This
is not the political forum.
This thread will remain open and stickied for the next week. Please do your part
to keep it open and active with verified monitoring submissions.
Thank you and Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
VIPER:
14016 (36C) Digital = SHP Troop H Dist 1 Being used as comms between SHP Units in and around Char/Meck and SHP Dispatch.
Marshall KE4ZNR

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
I am getting a bunch of different 30,000 type hits on that system....30502, 30521, 30508, 30544 , 30523 etc...I bet this is the state highway patrol on the various districts being used....

I'm getting a tons of hits in this TG range as well but no decode. Other TGs on the system are coming through OK. I've had the same problem on the VIPER system with 50xxx talkgroups. I'm using a 396 with latest firmware. Anyone else with this problem?

Jon - AK4XO

Drafin

Getting a few units checking "out at Time Warner" this morning on Viper TGID 8800.

I can not verify who the units are but I heard them this morning around 0800 to 0830ish.

Also up here in Caldwell county I normally can not get any comms on the Viper MECK IMAP TGID but over the past 2 days it has been very active.

Draf

Last edited:

kd8x

I'm getting a tons of hits in this TG range as well but no decode. Other TGs on the system are coming through OK. I've had the same problem on the VIPER system with 50xxx talkgroups. I'm using a 396 with latest firmware. Anyone else with this problem?

Jon - AK4XO

The same here. Most of 30,000 tgs are silent....Maybe these groups are encrypted????

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
The same here. Most of 30,000 tgs are silent....Maybe these groups are encrypted????

Very likely these are encrypted, that was my first thought but just wanted to see if someone could verify. I did finally get something in the clear on one of them this morning as I was making the final turn into work. Can't remember specifics but sounded very interesting with "military-style" call signs unlike anything I've ever heard on the CharMeck or VIPER systems.

Jon - AK4XO

kd8x

Very likely these are encrypted, that was my first thought but just wanted to see if someone could verify. I did finally get something in the clear on one of them this morning as I was making the final turn into work. Can't remember specifics but sounded very interesting with "military-style" call signs unlike anything I've ever heard on the CharMeck or VIPER systems.

Jon - AK4XO

tg 30544 is the only one that I have heard in the clear....

p1879

CAP milair announcing on 260.9 that they are monitoring 228.9

Can't remember specifics but sounded very interesting with "military-style" call signs unlike anything I've ever heard on the CharMeck or VIPER systems.

Jon - AK4XO

Could be DoD assets(army/usmc..CAP-obviously) on the ground integrated,in a -support- role with local/state/federal agencies..
been occurring regularly..

hope this isnt off topic.

p1879

the uhf am frequencies given for the Combat Air Patrol (cap) are accurate, but please include 369.9, 251.1, and possibly 328.2 for Tanker boom freq. "Pitman" aircraft were guarding the exclusion zone and refueling from "Taboo " tanker, also "Hunter" present-poss awacs a/c. They were on w/atc and also the 255.4 fss freq.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
the uhf am frequencies given for the Combat Air Patrol (cap) are accurate, but please include 369.9, 251.1, and possibly 328.2 for Tanker boom freq. "Pitman" aircraft were guarding the exclusion zone and refueling from "Taboo " tanker, also "Hunter" present-poss awacs a/c. They were on w/atc and also the 255.4 fss freq.

260.9 HUNTRESS CAP Primary Control
228.9 usually JSTARS AWACS freq
251.1 Atlanta Center (Albemarle Xmitter) 'Decon' CAP ATC
369.9 Atlanta Center CAP ATC (listed as "special use", don't think the freq is tied to a specific ATC sector)
360.525 Shaw AFB Tiger OPS
269.55 Jax Center (handoff from 251.1 for Pittman flights RTB)

I have yet to find Pittman A/A freq but haven't had time to search for new freqs.

Another thing I don't understand is why Huntress is controlling the CAP. I thought we were under control of OAKGROVE which is the Southeast Air Defense Sector, Huntress is Northeast. Obviously something has changed since 9/11 but not sure when.

trumpetman

Database Admin
260.9 HUNTRESS CAP Primary Control
228.9 usually JSTARS AWACS freq
251.1 Atlanta Center (Albemarle Xmitter) 'Decon' CAP ATC
369.9 Atlanta Center CAP ATC (listed as "special use", don't think the freq is tied to a specific ATC sector)
360.525 Shaw AFB Tiger OPS
269.55 Jax Center (handoff from 251.1 for Pittman flights RTB)

I have yet to find Pittman A/A freq but haven't had time to search for new freqs.

Another thing I don't understand is why Huntress is controlling the CAP. I thought we were under control of OAKGROVE which is the Southeast Air Defense Sector, Huntress is Northeast. Obviously something has changed since 9/11 but not sure when.

I think they have been combined into one AOR, known as EADS (Eastern Air Defense Sector). The Huntress callsign was carried over and is now used for the whole east coast.

Also, I'm hearing Demon refueling track, DEE-MAN instead of DEE-CON. Just as an added note. Good finds so far, thanks for the posts!

And I stand corrected, sounds like Deacon CAP with Pitman calls again today. Deacon ops check at 0850, just topped the jets off with fuel.

Last edited:

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
247.05 appears to be Demon refueling.
Edit: Confirmed at 0950 hrs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.