Ps2jrg

Can you double and triple check the Server IP Address and Port #.

Did you update the router Port Forwarding rule? Maybe the computer IP address changed.
Use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router to test that the router port forwarding is setup correctly.

I think this might be the issue. I went in and deleted all port forwarding on the router and re-added them for proscan. I can now see the scanner outside my home network.

As far as radiofeed is concerned, I never setup port forwarding on it previously, but I did now.

I'll let you know if it did the trick.

Thanks again!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
As far as radiofeed is concerned, I never setup port forwarding on it previously, but I did now.
You don't want to setup a Port Forwarding rule when using the Source Client to stream to Broadcastify. The Source Client is not a server. Just use one port forwarding rule for the running web server.

Double check and triple check the ip address and port # on the Source Client tab.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You could take a look at Shodan: Shodan Search

Thanks for bringing that site to our attention. It looks like a paid subscription is needed to view more than 2 pages. I'm not sure how long it takes to crawl all IPv4 addresses and ports. I see a few versions of 22.11's so maybe around a week. It's not real time so I'll roll my own with an option to publish.

Just started but it will be something like this. UI will change
ProScan Web Servers

Last edited:

ndebaggis

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for bringing that site to our attention. It looks like a paid subscription is needed to view more than 2 pages. I'm not sure how long it takes to crawl all IPv4 addresses and ports. I see a few versions of 22.11's so maybe around a week. It's not real time so I'll roll my own with an option to publish.

Just started but it will be something like this. UI will change
ProScan Web Servers
Yes I believe Shodan automatically scans over the course of a week or more. I know they also hold no-longer-responsive devices for a month before rolling them off the results.

Ps2jrg

Proscan:

I doubled checked those items on radiofeed. Still getting an error code 10 about every 30 mins. Any other ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Proscan:

I doubled checked those items on radiofeed. Still getting an error code 10 about every 30 mins. Any other ideas?
Since it takes 30 minutes, I would say the IP address and port # are good in the config.
What type of scanners are you using with RadioFeed? You mentioned earlier that you replaced the WiFi dongle. Are those for the BCD536HP scanners?

{edit} Maybe WiFi interference or weak signals. May want to try to reposition the dongles.

Per the FAQ page:
Q: I'm using the Source Client feature to stream audio to Broadcastify. I'm experiencing intermittent dropped connections.
A: Intermittent connections could be caused by your computer, NIC card, cables, router, ISP, far end, etc. It has been suggested by a few users to use a tool called PingPlotter to isolate where the problem is.

Ensure you're not using AVG Anti-Virus software as that will interrupt TCP traffic.

If using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi, click the URL Audio Setup button and see if excessive Packet Loss shows in the dialog. Wi-Fi interference or a flaky Dongle could cause excessive packet loss. Move the dongle and scanner to another location to see if the packet loss decreases.

Last edited:

Ps2jrg

Since it takes 30 minutes, I would say the IP address and port # are good in the config.
What type of scanners are you using with RadioFeed? You mentioned earlier that you replaced the WiFi dongle. Are those for the BCD536HP scanners?

{edit} Maybe WiFi interference or weak signals. May want to try to reposition the dongles.

Per the FAQ page:
Q: I'm using the Source Client feature to stream audio to Broadcastify. I'm experiencing intermittent dropped connections.
A: Intermittent connections could be caused by your computer, NIC card, cables, router, ISP, far end, etc. It has been suggested by a few users to use a tool called PingPlotter to isolate where the problem is.

Ensure you're not using AVG Anti-Virus software as that will interrupt TCP traffic.

If using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi, click the URL Audio Setup button and see if excessive Packet Loss shows in the dialog. Wi-Fi interference or a flaky Dongle could cause excessive packet loss. Move the dongle and scanner to another location to see if the packet loss decreases.
I updated the wifi dongle on the computer, not the janky 536 dongle. I'll check out ping plotter.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 22.12 Just Released!
This is a small release but big if using the Web Server feature!
  • Added - Web Server - Options for publishing your Web Server in the Web Servers Directory webpage.
Web Servers Directory

Configuration is done here
helpscreenshot8_4.png

Let me know if any improvements can be made such as styling, adding another column, etc..
I'm interested in the Time column:
1. If it reflects your timezone as the browser side JavaScript is handling that
2. If your region uses dd/mm/yyyy date format, it shows correctly on the web page.
Untitled.png

ProScan Website

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Last edited:

ndebaggis

Premium Subscriber
  • Added - Web Server - Options for publishing your Web Server in the Web Servers Directory webpage.
Web Servers Directory

View attachment 160911

Let me know if any improvements can be made such as styling, adding another column, etc..
2. If your region uses dd/mm/yyyy date format, it shows correctly on the web page.
View attachment 160906

ProScan Website

Very cool Bob! If we publish and then decide to remove the published listing for a server how long before it drops out of the listing?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Very cool Bob! If we publish and then decide to remove the published listing for a server how long before it drops out of the listing?
It's instant when the server is stopped normally or ProScan closes (which stops the server normally). If your computer crashes or something like that (commercial power failure) when the web server is running -and- the server is not restarted (or the check box is unchecked), then a cron job will clear out all entries with timestamps that haven't been updated in 3 days.

ndebaggis

Premium Subscriber
It's instant when the server is stopped normally or ProScan closes (which stops the server normally). If your computer crashes or something like that (commercial power failure) when the web server is running -and- the server is not restarted (or the check box is unchecked), then a cron job will clear out all entries with timestamps that haven't been updated in 3 days.
Very good! thank you for this. Maybe add a last-known live timestamp as a column, i.e. have the published servers periodically update that? although with the 3 day cron purge in place that might not be worth tracking.

Last edited:

ndebaggis

Premium Subscriber
Web Servers Directory

View attachment 160911

View attachment 160913

ProScan Website

I'm EDT, timestamps look good here.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Very good! thank you for this. Maybe add a last-known live timestamp as a column, i.e. have the published servers periodically update that? although with the 3 day cron purge in place that might not be worth tracking.
Thanks, I'll add a column "Last Update". The publish servers already updates the underlying data at 12 hour intervals and when a connection is added or disconnected.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
A dedicated search function would be nice. Something that would send a list to wordpad, which is on all win pc's. I tried the way you said to do when I asked awhile back but think a dedicated search feature would be nice to have. Just a thought.