jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
ProScan Questions....

1.) Under "Utilities" in the "Favorites Editor", what does the "SORT" and "UPDATE TEXT TAGS" do? I can not see anything different happening when I click on them.
2.) I have several FQK's that have become out of order and would like to organize them in sequence, is this possible? Is this what SORT should do?
3.) Under "SERVICE TYPES" there are 8 custom selections, are you able to rename, say custom 1 to read "Stores" etc.

Thanks for a great piece of software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Questions....

1.) Under "Utilities" in the "Favorites Editor", what does the "SORT" and "UPDATE TEXT TAGS" do? I can not see anything different happening when I click on them.
2.) I have several FQK's that have become out of order and would like to organize them in sequence, is this possible? Is this what SORT should do?
3.) Under "SERVICE TYPES" there are 8 custom selections, are you able to rename, say custom 1 to read "Stores" etc.

Thanks for a great piece of software.

On question 1. After you click on the Sort menu item, a dialog will appear. Choose the Type, Items, & Direction. After that, click the Sort button. You will see the instant changes in the Favorites Editor. Same with the Update Text Tags menu item, chose the type and Action then click the Update Text Tags button.

On question 3. I don't think the custom service type names can be edited using the scanner or Sentinel.

{edit} On question 2. Yes by FQK or Text Tag.

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
On question 1. After you click on the Sort menu item, a dialog will appear. Choose the Type, Items, & Direction. After that, click the Sort button. You will see the instant changes in the Favorites Editor. Same with the Update Text Tags menu item, chose the type and Action then click the Update Text Tags button.

On question 3. I don't think the custom service type names can be edited using the scanner or Sentinel.

{edit} On question 2. Yes by FQK or Text Tag.

When I click on sort or update text tags nothing happens, there is NO dialogue box appearing. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When I click on sort or update text tags nothing happens, there is NO dialogue box appearing. Any ideas?

Could it be the dialogs are actually there but they are off to one side of the computer screen kind of hiding? Perhaps they were dragged there at one time.

Try this for a fix:
1. Exit ProScan
2. Edit the ProScan.cfg file
3. Look for the following lines and delete them
[SORT OPTIONS POSITION C]​
[UPDATE TEXT TAGS OPTIONS POSITION C]​
4. Start ProScan
5. Click the Sort and Update Text Tags menu items and see if the dialogs appear

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
Could it be the dialogs are actually there but they are off to one side of the computer screen kind of hiding? Perhaps they were dragged there at one time.

Try this for a fix:
1. Exit ProScan
2. Edit the ProScan.cfg file
3. Look for the following lines and delete them
[SORT OPTIONS POSITION C]​
[UPDATE TEXT TAGS OPTIONS POSITION C]​
4. Start ProScan
5. Click the Sort and Update Text Tags menu items and see if the dialogs appear

Errr, don’t know if I feel comfortable doing that. I will look around for the dialogues and under any windows etc. I can post a video of what doesn’t happen tomorrow evening.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Errr, don’t know if I feel comfortable doing that. I will look around for the dialogues and under any windows etc. I can post a video of what doesn’t happen tomorrow evening.

No need to post a video. All you need to do is send me an email so I can send you the latest ProScan file.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
In the future, report any false positive to me so I can pass it along to the antivirus software company.
Also insure your antivirus definition is up to date.

I will need the following info:

ProScan version
Antivirus software full product name
Exact name of the virus or trojan
When does it occur? Installation, starting ProScan, etc.
Antivirus definition date
It was one of my added folders and it was a Norton Sonar alert for few users unverified. No big deal I put all 3 Proscan folders on a list not to be scanned and added Proscan to my list a files to not be scanned. It was Norton Security on Proscan 14.9

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Thanks for the added info. I will try to find the information I had read. I know it was within the setup faq or instructions at Broadcastify or RadioReference that specifically mentioned about the audio via WiFi would be behind a bit and pointed out to use an actual audio to audio cable for streaming with their service. As I to at the time thought the audio quality was fine via Proscan 536hp wifi connection to PC, had not bothered then with a cable. After setting up my feed upon approved, and then testing and comparing both over listening to the scanner from PC feed and the Android app Scanner Radio I then noticed quite a time between what I hear live with the scanner vs the stream transmit. So I quickly ordered a Y cable and straight 3.5mm so to keep my external speaker setup and allow this straight audio cable to PC. After changing settings to the Soundcard mic and restarting the feed, I noticed no improvement regarding the lag in the stream playing. Again thanks for confirming and again, I will dig through both my setup instructions email and any links that gave me this information and post.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
There is always a delay from what you hear live on the scanner and what you get back from Broadcastify. Just internet delays and not a thing you can do about it

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There is always a delay from what you hear live on the scanner and what you get back from Broadcastify. Just internet delays and not a thing you can do about it

Internet delays are insignificant. It's about 75 to 150 ms. Look at the RSOIP feature wherever connected around the world. Put the scanner in menu mode and watch the virtual display respond back.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Internet delays are insignificant. It's about 75 to 150 ms. Look at the RSOIP feature wherever connected around the world. Put the scanner in menu mode and watch the virtual display respond back.
I was referring to Broadcastify processing delays.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was referring to Broadcastify processing delays.

I think most of the delay is caused by the media player built in network buffer. It's around 20 to 24 seconds on a solid connection. If the delay is more than that then it could very well be the Icecast(Broadcastify) servers contributing to the delay.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If I listen to the live scanner in most cases the traffic is over for something like a minute before it comes across via Broadcastify. Or I should say the APP that streams Broadcastify namely Scanner Radio Pro. Drives me crazy, one reason why I rarely listen to my stream while I am home.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
When assigning a large number of sequential number tags to channels in a group, is there an easier way that clicking on each individual channel and selecting it from the dropdown list? The "Get Clipboard" utility is a good idea, but there's no option for Number Tags.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When assigning a large number of sequential number tags to channels in a group, is there an easier way that clicking on each individual channel and selecting it from the dropdown list? The "Get Clipboard" utility is a good idea, but there's no option for Number Tags.

What about just clicking the box and typing in the number then click the next box and do the same. Would that work.
(edit) Also it shouldn't be in the Get Clipboard function. All that stuff should be done in the main spreadsheet after importing.

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What about just clicking the box and typing in the number then click the next box and do the same. Would that work.
(edit) Also it shouldn't be in the Get Clipboard function. All that stuff should be done in the main spreadsheet after importing.

Yes, of course that works. It's just that if you have a large number of tags....
Depending on the software, I can sometimes copy a column of numbers from Excel and just paste them into the number tag column.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Just curious, when did it become mandatory to delete Proscan registration upon uninstalling? It still asks but no matter what you answer it deletes the registration.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just curious, when did it become mandatory to delete Proscan registration upon uninstalling? It still asks but no matter what you answer it deletes the registration.

It has always been the same when using the Win Remove Programs feature. It will not delete the license if you remove the files from the ProScan folder.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
It has always been the same when using the Win Remove Programs feature. It will not delete the license if you remove the files from the ProScan folder.
I recall before I could uninstall and tell it to keep the registration and it did. Now no matter which answer you give it is deleted. No biggie, I have a copy of my registration just in case.