ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there any way when using the editor in ProScan to have it overwrite all the Favorites when writing to the scanner? Sentinel gives you the option but I don't know how to do it with ProScan.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProScan overwrites all the favorites. No option to select which favorite is written. Perhaps down the road, I can make an option.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you.... do I get a serial number or anything to register it? I didn't receive anything after sending the paypal.

Jen

Check your Spam folder. The key is sent automatically when purchased unless a typo in the email address provided. If it's not there, email me and I will send a copy.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Check your Spam folder. The key is sent automatically when purchased unless a typo in the email address provided. If it's not there, email me and I will send a copy.
Nope, not in my mail or on my server or in the spam areas of either... if you can send me another please, thank you.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Email him :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Don't you dare stick that tongue out at me Mr., I'm already married. ;)

Yes you're right, I should have just emailed him, (I spend so much time on email at work, by the weekend I try to forget it even exists) but I did and he replied within about 3 seconds, awesome support so I'm glad to publicly brag about him on here.

Jen

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Just out of sheer curiosity. Why is it that more than 1/2 of the scanners using Proscan RSOIP are not set up correctly and won't work? Don't these people ever check it out to see if it works? One is listed with an IP of 0.0.0.0 ,really?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
Some may be asking, what are the differences between Sentinel and the ProScan Favorites editor?

Sentinel is definitely needed for firmware updates. It's also needed for accessing the full HPDB which is derived from the RRDB. It's also may be needed for the profile editing. ProScan doesn't have profile editing as I felt it would be 100% duplication that couldn't be improved on so I was spending time in other areas.

Here is what ProScan has that I don't believe Sentinel has. Anyone go ahead and correct me or add to the list.

Multiple Favorites on the same tree which makes it easy to copy & paste or drag & drop systems.
Find Duplicates
Find & Replace
Import from RRDB directly. RR subscription required
Import from Win Clipboard
Versatile Sorting options
Google Maps showing all the systems with circles or rectangles
Export nicely formatted web page showing any or all (user selectable) the FQK's, SQK's, Number Tags, and systems
Copy & Paste and Drag & Drop nodes to other systems and other ProScan instances

The following is new in ver 15.0

image1.png image2.png

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@ProScan blows Sentinel away when it comes to managing favorites for the x36HP and SDS models. Simple tasks aren't convoluted like they are in Sentinel. The ability to use the MSM command right from within ProScan to put the scanner into mass storage mode for programming is invaluable. The right-click context menus in 15.0 are a most welcome addition.

Also appreciate your attention to detail and willingness to address issues quickly, even when us end-users don't always make it easy on you. Thank you again for getting those NXDN and DMR Tier 3 quirks worked out yesterday!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
@ProScan
Also appreciate your attention to detail and willingness to address issues quickly, even when us end-users don't always make it easy on you. Thank you again for getting those NXDN and DMR Tier 3 quirks worked out yesterday!

Any time Chris, You are very knowledgeable on at least the NXDN and DMR Tier 3 systems so I trusted your judgement and we got the LCN's right.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Since I have updated proscan to the latest version after a couple of hours the audio cut and all my files as 0 bytes never done that before I restarted computer updated computer a also restarted modem and router my scan is bcd536hp with wifi dongle anybody have an idea why ? 10422741-2258-4514-8866-E193C22A2A7F.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Power cycle the scanner. No changes in ProScan in that area. You're just perceiving it as is. Anytime an app such as ProScan or VLC is communicating with the IP audio, and the computer reboots, the scanner needs to be power cycled. Technically the rtsp audio routine inside the scanner didn't receive the the TEARDOWN command and therefore locks up.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you go to the Audio Control -> Recorder tab and see if the audio meter move. If not then that has to be troubleshoot.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
I power cycled the scanner and still same problem recording show 0 bytes and I check in the recorder tab the meter doesn’t move at all

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To fix that I need to reboot proscan and after I am good for a couple of hours and the problem come back again

Click the URL Setup button. Does it say TCP and UDP not connected? Also make sure you are not running AVG Anti-Virus as that is known to interrupt TCP connections. Are you using version 15.0?

Also it could be Wi-Fi interference so I would investigate that.