GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
As I stated earlier, I purchased Proscan today for my sds200. I was wondering if there are a future plans for a iPhone app?
Hey guys and gals, I realize this answer is probably somewhere in the 4118 posts in this thread. But there's no way for me to go through looking for the answer and I was wondering if there was an Android app for the software since the topic of an iPhone app was just brought up? I don't see good at all and I don't remember reading anyting in the description of the software about Android or iPhone apps being used with ProScan. Just so that I know, and I do use an Android, is there an Android app that works with ProScan
Read the FAQ on the ProScan site, the answers are right there.

ProScan

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, one more question. I got everything to work at home with my SDS200 and Proscan through URL choice. Now I am connected to my routers VPN but not able to connect to Proscan using the same steps, but I can not get it to work.

I'm not sure on the VPN part but if you are trying to access the Web Server or RSOIP remotely (not on the local network), did you configure the Router Port Forwarding?

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Just VPN with same settings as the home computer, No Web Server or RSOIP

Tried both web server and also RSOIP. Set port forward on the ASUS router but it would not work

I think it’s got to bugs with LAN connection with my adapter/bridge and the sds200.

I also have problems with Sirn app being buggy

The BCD536 connected all the time with audio and even with vpn away from my home network

Adapter--- IOGEAR Universal RJ-45 Ethernet to Wi-Fi Wireless Adapter Dongle with WPS | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nick223

Feed Provider
Anyway to get slider bars to see all the options. With the sds200 faceplate being larger on top you can’t seem to see all the options below. I even have the window maximized.
e0008161d632c38ce828feea14d1cbbc.jpg

southernCTscan

Feed Provider
I am now using the SDS200 as my main scanner and I use ProScan to listen and control my scanner at work. I am sure this portion of the program is still in development so I thought I would share a couple of minor issues I have found. The scanner options section on the client side will not let me read the profile.cfg file. When trying the program locks up and has to be forcibly shut down. On the server side it also will not update the profile.cfg file when changes are made (there is also a chance I am doing something wrong). It did work the first time I loaded the file but now changes do not "take". Lastly the program seems to lose its connection once per day, the scanner has to be turned off and back on to reestablish the connection. Overall ProScan handles the SDS200 very well!

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I am now using the SDS200 as my main scanner and I use ProScan to listen and control my scanner at work. I am sure this portion of the program is still in development so I thought I would share a couple of minor issues I have found. The scanner options section on the client side will not let me read the profile.cfg file. When trying the program locks up and has to be forcibly shut down. On the server side it also will not update the profile.cfg file when changes are made (there is also a chance I am doing something wrong). It did work the first time I loaded the file but now changes do not "take". Lastly the program seems to lose its connection once per day, the scanner has to be turned off and back on to reestablish the connection. Overall ProScan handles the SDS200 very well!
I was using VPN to connect today for the first time but was not able to get audio. I changed to a bridge today.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The scanner options section on the client side will not let me read the profile.cfg file.
Assuming you are using RSOIP, It does work. Go to the Options -> Scanner Specific tab and check the Display Color Mode option is set at Sentinel. Also check the Sentinel profile.cfg File Location is pointed to the right profile.

When trying the program locks up and has to be forcibly shut down.
What do you mean by "programming"? Reading or writing to the scanner memory?

On the server side it also will not update the profile.cfg file when changes are made (there is also a chance I am doing something wrong). It did work the first time I loaded the file but now changes do not "take".
After you make a color change in Sentinel, Save it in Sentinel then go to the Options -> Scanner Specific tab and click the Re-Read The Sentinel profile.cfg File button.

Lastly the program seems to lose its connection once per day, the scanner has to be turned off and back on to reestablish the connection.
This is a scanner issue.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The scanner options section on the client side will not let me read the profile.cfg file.
Assuming you are using RSOIP, It does work. Go to the Options -> Scanner Specific tab and check the Display Color Mode option is set at Sentinel. Also check the Sentinel profile.cfg File Location is pointed to the right profile.
One thing I should add regarding the RSOIP Client side Sentinel colors. The RSOIP Client will read the profile.cfg file if ProScan running on the same machine that Sentinel is installed. If any user using RSOIP Client remotely, most likely they will not have Sentinel installed and will get the ProScan colors unless they install Sentinel or at least have the profile.cfg file given to them by the server operator. In other words, color codes not sent over IP.

southernCTscan

Feed Provider
One thing I should add regarding the RSOIP Client side Sentinel colors. The RSOIP Client will read the profile.cfg file if ProScan running on the same machine that Sentinel is installed. If any user using RSOIP Client remotely, most likely they will not have Sentinel installed and will get the ProScan colors unless they install Sentinel or at least have the profile.cfg file given to them by the server operator. In other words, color codes not sent over IP.

Yes, I took the profile.cfg file and put it on the client computer then directed ProScan where to find the file. Works great!