ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the latest update. Build 6. When you read your files from the scanner when complete it opens up every single system/dept/sites/unit IDs drop downs

Very annoying.

Build 6? Is that version 14.6? Do you mean the tree nodes are expanding? I don't see that here. No changes in that area in a long time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I noticed that the latest update. Build 6. When you read your files from the scanner when complete it opens up every single system/dept/sites/unit IDs drop downs

Very annoying.
Whatever the latest build is yes. I just updated to it yesterday.

When I downloaded the files from the radio to the program. Yes it opened up every single tree nodes for the files.
I've only ever had it expand the topmost level Favorites node upon opening the Favorites Editor or reading from the scanner. I have never seen it automatically expand any level below that (System, Site, Department).

Are you certain that you're accurately describing what you believe is happening?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I've only ever had it expand the topmost level Favorites node upon opening the Favorites Editor or reading from the scanner. I have never seen it automatically expand any level below that (System, Site, Department).

Are you certain that you're accurately describing what you believe is happening?
I'll try it again later when I'm back in the room with the computer but that's what happened when I used it the last time.

When I did it the last time I even closed it all down and started it back up and started over and it did the same thing that time as well.

Btw this is in ARC536 pro that I'm talking about. Did I misread this thread? Oopsie.

However it does this as well in proscan too but now that ya mention it in proscan I believe it's from the top level only that it happens too.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Does that on mine too. I have to hit "Collapse Nodes" to get things back to a usable state and then expand what I want. I searched for an option that would control that behaviour but I couldn't find anything.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'll try it again later when I'm back in the room with the computer but that's what happened when I used it the last time.

When I did it the last time I even closed it all down and started it back up and started over and it did the same thing that time as well.

Btw this is in ARC536 pro that I'm talking about. Did I misread this thread? Oopsie.

However it does this as well in proscan too but now that ya mention it in proscan I believe it's from the top level only that it happens too.
I'll check tonight but I believe it's all of them: BC996P2, BCD536HP, SDS100, SDS200.

This may sound odd but reboot the computer and see what happens.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
This may sound odd but reboot the computer and see what happens.

I think I misread the original post. Reading any of my scanners always results in the Favorites lists being expanded. The Systems and everything under them do not expand which I suspect is normal behaviour. My bad.

Any chance an option to keep the Favorites lists collapsed when a file is opened or a scanner is read could be added? I usually click on Collapse Tree so it's not too big of a deal.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Anyone get this error with the BCD536HP Audio Player?
a55dbc05a521f020d6321f650649f9a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
Can I program the Fire Tone Outs with ProScan? I can't seem to find the area for that.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here's a file for anyone that wants to test the SDS200 Favorites FTP Read & FTP Write feature.

This is the executable only. Unzip and copy the exe file over the original ver 14.6 exe file. Unload ProScan before doing so.

http://proscan.org/ProScan.zip This file is the same as ver 14.6 except FTP added. It's still called 14.6.

Using the FTP Scanner Read function requires the scanner FTP Read Only account enabled. Same with the FTP Scanner Write function, it needs the scanner FTP Write Only account enabled.

Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited: