eaf1956

Feed Provider
Thanks Bob for the awesome support in fixing my issue. I appreciate it very much!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nick223

Feed Provider
is there a way to update the firmware remotely? I have the LAN set up and can ftp with proscan to read and write my favorite list but havent figured out yet how to update the firmware (only if i hook the computer up to the scanner and use Sentenial) I tried filezilla to ftp into the scanner but it keeps throwing me errors.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
is there a way to update the firmware remotely? I have the LAN set up and can ftp with proscan to read and write my favorite list but havent figured out yet how to update the firmware (only if i hook the computer up to the scanner and use Sentenial) I tried filezilla to ftp into the scanner but it keeps throwing me errors.

Yes, using Filezilla. Send a "GFM,UNIDEN" + CR before the FTP Write operation and send a "EFM,UNIDEN" + CR command after the FTP Write operation

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I dont really see where i can type the commands into filezilla maybe i have to find another ftp client

I reuploaded the image in post 4,408 to show clearly using ProScan to send the commands and using Filezilla.

{edit} Also no FTP client can send the GFM & EFM commands as they are not FTP commands but rather serial.

Last edited:

nick223

Feed Provider
I reuploaded the image in post 4,408 to show clearly using ProScan to send the commands and using Filezilla.

{edit} Also no FTP client can send the GFM & EFM commands as they are not FTP commands but rather serial.
Thanks i can get the scanner into and out of ftp mode. But do i use the scanner URL or the Usage url and what port. I keep trying both urls and all the different ports but still getting errors. In FileZilla i have plain FTP insure and normal with the log in credentials that in the ftp in the scanner

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks i can get the scanner into and out of ftp mode. But do i use the scanner URL or the Usage url and what port. I keep trying both urls and all the different ports but still getting errors. In FileZilla i have plain FTP insure and normal with the log in credentials that in the ftp in the scanner

Use the scanner IP address. See these images.

image2.pngimage3.png

Nysff

I know this has been posted and possibly answered elsewhere but my ProScan Software keeps Timing Out, Blank Screen, Disconnected from the Broadcastify Servers SEVERAL TIMES a Week. If I can keep my feed live active for 24 hours without a timeout, thats a good day.

Im using Windows 10
ProScan 14.8
Computer is attached to Ethernet
Uniden BCD536HP is connected to Computer Via Wifi.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here is my standard reply on this
The dropped connections could be caused by your computer, NIC card, cables, router, ISP, far end, etc.
I suggest using a tool called PingPlotter to isolate where the problem is. I've seen several cases of PingPlotter finding the problem.
Don't use AVG Anti-Virus software as that will interrupt TCP traffic.

With that being said, since you are using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi, check that you don't have any Wi-Fi interference and the Wi-Fi is a solid connection.

{edit} For a test to see if it's the BCD536HP side or the side from ProScan to to Broadcastify. If possible, try streaming without the Wi-Fi by using the sound card. If it is the BCD536HP side, go to the Options -> Scanner Specific and change the Wi-Fi Ethernet Keep Alive mode to Method 1 and later try Method 2.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber