GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
A few months ago Win 10 got wonky on my SSD, and rather than waste time trying to fix it, I wiped the drive and did a clean install. I never removed the ProScan activation before doing so. I was somewhat surprised that when I reinstalled ProScan after the clean install, it was already activated. My assumption was that it "phoned home" automatically upon first running, and since the unique hardware hash matched the previous install, it activated without my having to re-enter the registration.

Nogard

New ProScan user - when I record audio (using SDS100 with audio cable) the playback has a distinct echo quality to it - is there a way to correct that?

Also, any suggestions on the best way to handle playback? I'm currently trying via the "Recorder" tab - but I have to keep scrolling up on the scroll bar on the right to get back to the "Play" button - whenever I click on a recording the scroll bar goes down again and the Play button goes off the screen (hopefully that made sense).

Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
New ProScan user - when I record audio (using SDS100 with audio cable) the playback has a distinct echo quality to it - is there a way to correct that?
In the Recording options, set the Recording Prepend Buffer to 0 to see if that fixes it. Also in the Audio Control - Recorder tab, insure the unused (left or right) input level control is set at 0%.

Also, any suggestions on the best way to handle playback? I'm currently trying via the "Recorder" tab - but I have to keep scrolling up on the scroll bar on the right to get back to the "Play" button - whenever I click on a recording the scroll bar goes down again and the Play button goes off the screen (hopefully that made sense).

Thanks.

Try unchecking the option "Show Scroll Bars Main Tab" located in the Options - General tab to see if that helps. The scroll bars were recently added and may have this unintended result. I'll look at it before the next release.

Nogard

I noticed that the echo effect only occurs when I'm playing audio back through my A/V system - it could be a setting in the receiver causing the issue - I'll check out the settings mentioned as well.

Regarding the scrolling - I'll disable the "Show Scroll Bars Main Tab" and see if that helps. I noticed that when I sorted by record start time ascending and then selected all rows and clicked "Play", it would still start playback on the newest recordings as opposed to starting on the oldest. When I changed the sort to descending it seemed to start playing from the bottom of the list (which was the oldest recordings first as I wanted).

I'm still learning the program so it very well could just be a user error on my end.

BTW - really loving the program - it adds so much to what I can do with my scanner. I especially like the built in web server and all the options available. Thanks for making it available and the continuous improvements - much appreciated.

In the Recording options, set the Recording Prepend Buffer to 0 to see if that fixes it. Also in the Audio Control - Recorder tab, insure the unused (left or right) input level control is set at 0%.

Try unchecking the option "Show Scroll Bars Main Tab" located in the Options - General tab to see if that helps. The scroll bars were recently added and may have this unintended result. I'll look at it before the next release.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 15.0 Just Released.

What's New
  • Fixed - Web Browser was intermittent refreshing in some cases.
  • Fixed - SDS200 FTP Write was intermittent in some cases.
  • Fixed - Scanner type set to SDS100 or SDS200 was causing program to appear locked up in some cases.
  • Fixed - Trunking channels Priority parameter wasn't showing on DMA type scanners.
  • Fixed - BCDx36HP Selective recordings wasn't working on conventional systems.
  • Added - Web Server - Now can add HTML, JavaScript, & Styles in the Web_Server_User_HTML.htm file.
  • Added - Right click menu items on Database tree and grid: Cut, Copy, Paste, Fill Down, & Fill Series.

ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, & UBCD3600XLT scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

kruser

Premium Subscriber
So far, Version 15.0 seems to be working fine with a vast array of Uniden models that ProScan supports. No problems found yet plus everything seems fine when set to work with an SDS100.

Good job Bob!!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So far, Version 15.0 seems to be working fine with a vast array of Uniden models that ProScan supports. No problems found yet plus everything seems fine when set to work with an SDS100.

Good job Bob!!
Thanks for the report.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
I've had a small problem with my web server, any idea idea what happened and how can I fix this? Unfortunately I don't use the web version all that often but someone just pointed out that "it's looked like there for a long time now."
1557779026150.png

freqseeker

I've had a small problem with my web server, any idea idea what happened and how can I fix this? Unfortunately I don't use the web version all that often but someone just pointed out that "it's looked like there for a long time now."
View attachment 71216
Your Proscan window is minimized. Try keeping the window up front and see if that fixes it. It's a windows problem. I don't remember the specifics. Let us know if that helps.

Vince.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
Your Proscan window is minimized. Try keeping the window up front and see if that fixes it. It's a windows problem. I don't remember the specifics. Let us know if that helps.

Vince.
Thanks for the reply. Just so happens to have fixed itself (PoScan still minimized) but the web browser displays correctly. If I see it again I'll be sure to check if ProScan is minimized or not.

Penguin163

View attachment 71216
I have a simular issue. If I open ProScan & minimize it to the task bar before I view it in my browser I see that same view. When you open the Proscan program the web page will change to normal and remain that way. I always view it in my browser when I start ProScan.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
I have a simular issue. If I open ProScan & minimize it to the task bar before I view it in my browser I see that same view. When you open the Proscan program the web page will change to normal and remain that way. I always view it in my browser when I start ProScan.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try to add that to my workflow whenever I need to reboot my ProScan computer.

Lazer9

Feed Provider
Need pointed to setup help in ProScan for the following scenario as I am pretty certain it can be done but uncertain where to begin as I currently have my Broadcastify/RR feed solely running mono via the BCD536HP and WiFi.

Looking to:

Broadcastify dual feed (stereo) with a SDS200 and BCT15X with the 200 doing the digital and 15X analog. Using my licensed ProScan software am in need of suggestions on how to set up via the software and audio since the 200 is on Ethernet to communicate with the PC and 15X setup via serial and/or Rec out? Anyone familiar with described scenario... I do understand the creation of a 2nd folder and Shortcut to ProScan and obviously the favorite lists per each radio edited as such to separate the desired frequencies to monitor and feed to each. I am unsure of how to best move forward with both the desired connection methods from given radio models to PC and the (Source Client) & (Audio Control) settings in my ProScan Licensed software.

TomDavisSr

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way when using the editor in ProScan to have it overwrite all the Favorites when writing to the scanner? Sentinel gives you the option but I don't know how to do it with ProScan.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Hi Bob, just wanted to say thanks for a nice full featured demo offering with no crippling of features... I quickly realised it was awesome and just sent in my $50.00 this morning, thanks again.

Jen

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there any way when using the editor in ProScan to have it overwrite all the Favorites when writing to the scanner? Sentinel gives you the option but I don't know how to do it with ProScan.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProScan
Hi Bob, just wanted to say thanks for a nice full featured demo offering with no crippling of features... I quickly realised it was awesome and just sent in my $50.00 this morning, thanks again.

Jen

Jen, You're very welcome. Glad you like it.