Offutt AFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarMatthias

Hi,

I'm very close to Offut AFB and keyed in the trunking info from this page:

Offutt Air Force Base (Project 25) Trunking System, Bellevue, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies

All I'm receiving in silence with my BCD396XT switching back and forth between LNK and DAT.

I have noticed that when I put the band plan in, the 396XT overwtites it with 3 other band plans completely unrelated to the 406 range.

I'm fairly new at this so any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MarMatthias

Hi

Thank you. Do you know why the BCD396XT does not so ENC then? I've done scans of some 800 frequencies where the radio does show the ENC.

SCPD

QRT
It will if you hold onto a talkgroup then the scanner should show ENC. On a pure P25 trunking system the scanner will not stop on the encrypted channels. With OPD, and others on Douglas county's system, encrypted channels my 996xt and 396xt just skip over them. With Sarpy's encrypted talkgroups the scanners will stop on them for a split second, I will hear the digital encryption noise and scanner will start scanning. With Sarpy it will say ENC. With some Federal gov. agencies around here that use conventional P25 enc the scanner will stop for a split second and the digital encryption noise will come through. Then the scanner starts scanning again, I don't believe the scanner shows ENC it's been a while since I tried listening to fed stuff in Omaha.

MarMatthias

It will if you hold onto a talkgroup then the scanner should show ENC. On a pure P25 trunking system the scanner will not stop on the encrypted channels.

Thanks for the reply.

I've done manual scans in the 800's and have come across many the do have ENC listed. Offutt was just confusing because it doesn't show anything about encryption and I don't get any weird noises from any of the groups...

Where I live though puts me in-between two cell towers and at least one repeater so I have no way of telling how much interference I'm getting other then certain frequencies will not come in at all.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.