• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

OH MARCs seems there are less sites in the DB after reband

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the RR database now has less sites in it for MARCS, after the rebanding.

What happened to those old sites? Were they shut down or something?

Or are they still active and just have not been updated in the DB? and I just need to subtract 15 MHz from the old control channel freq to come up with the new one?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe that the RR database now has less sites in it for MARCS, after the rebanding.

What happened to those old sites? Were they shut down or something?

Or are they still active and just have not been updated in the DB? and I just need to subtract 15 MHz from the old control channel freq to come up with the new one?
The idea that there are less MARCS sites in the DB after rebanding is preposterous. No sites have been removed. In fact, one has been added.

99% of the sites (and perhaps now 100%) are designated as rebanded . If you click on the individual site, you'll see it highlights the fact that the site is rebanded.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.