• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ohio Man that killed family Hangs self in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It's definitely good that he is gone and tax dollars do not need to be wasted on defending this guy or incarcerating him.

However, he didn't get what he deserved. He got off easy. He should have had to die a gruesome death by 5 gallons of gasoline and a match. Could I do it? No. But there are people out there who could/would mete out justice like that.

Mike

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Am I the only person who finds it completely and totally abominable to wish death/assault on people, regardless of their actions? I think everyone who thinks this is in any way positive needs to get counseling immediately.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
ibagli said:
Am I the only person who finds it completely and totally abominable to wish death/assault on people, regardless of their actions? I think everyone who thinks this is in any way positive needs to get counseling immediately.
No you're not the only one I'm sure. I've seen family members who pray, and feel sorry for murderers on the news all the time. One could say anyone who does that is also in serious need of counseling.

It's really hard for me to understand why you would want someone like that to continue to live. For what purpose? All too often they get out on parole only to do it again. Would you feel differently if they committed their crimes against one of your family members, or loved ones?

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
GreatLakes said:
It's really hard for me to understand why you would want someone like that to continue to live.
Because they are human beings.

GreatLakes said:
For what purpose?
Nobody needs a purpose to live. If they did, I suspect many of us would be dead.

GreatLakes said:
Would you feel differently if they committed their crimes against one of your family members, or loved ones?
Very probably so, but that's why we don't let family members of victims sit on juries or be judges in such cases. Justice shouldn't involve emotion. I know that's impossible, as humans are the ones judging such cases, but I think it should be removed as much as possible. I'm tired of being expected to believe that some murders, say, are worse than others because there is a widow(er) or child left to testify at the sentencing hearing.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I seriously question if they are in fact human beings when they are capable of doing some of the heinous criminal acts against innocent people. At that point I view them as rabid animals that need to be put out of their misery.

I think when their purpose distorts into killing innocent people, they're useful purpose on Earth has ended.

I think there is a lot of apathy today with regard to all criminal acts...until it hits home. Then it's too late!

Although I don't understand your thinking, you are entitled to think as you do, and I don't disrespect you.

k8mcn

Premium Subscriber
ibagli said:
Surely you were just trying to get a response??

The only thing i wish is that his feet dangled for 10 minutes as the last breath of air left his body..............................
Too bad Charlie Manson never had the guts to end it all--think how much the state of California has spent keeping him since 1969

RodStrong

ibagli said:
I wish death and destruction on many people on a regular basis. People like you want to give a hug to your enemies and bury your head in the sand instead of stand up and fight. People like you are the reason many of us have enemies. I wish to kill many of my enemies. No big deal. Difference of opinion. It's my job to defend your right to be wrong.

Piston52Heavy

ibagli said:

Pure ignorance!

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
RodStrong said:
I wish death and destruction on many people on a regular basis.
I'm sorry for you.

RodStrong said:
People like you want to give a hug to your enemies and bury your head in the sand instead of stand up and fight.
What did you say? I can't see it through the straw I'm buried in.

RodStrong said:
People like you are the reason many of us have enemies.
Define "people like me." Apparently you know everything about me because I don't think it's a mentally sound opinion to want to kill people for any reason. Yes, sometimes it's necessary, but it's never necessary after deliberate thought. (I only accept that killing someone in urgent self-defense is necessary.)

RodStrong said:
I wish to kill many of my enemies.
Again, I'm very sorry for you and I hope you never have access to the means to do it. I personally see that attitude as no better than the attitude of people who think it's a good idea to walk into marketplaces strapped with bombs and blow them up. Hopefully you're just being hyperbolic and never kill someone who is not actively harming you, though.

RodStrong said:
No big deal.
For you.

Last edited:

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Piston52Heavy said:
Pure ignorance!
You think it's ignorant not to want people to be killed? I'm sorry for you, too. You've obviously had a very troubled life with many enemies.

Piston52Heavy

ibagli said:
You think it's ignorant not to want people to be killed? I'm sorry for you, too. You've obviously had a very troubled life with many enemies.
Excuse me, I have not had a troubled life. I just think that people that commit crimes like this have no right to live. People like him should be put out to the curb and picked up with the rest of the trash!!

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

Our ultra-liberal friend is, yet again, on his favorite soap box topic. He has his values and many here have a differing view. You're not going to change his mind any more than he will change yours. He'll just get more defensively "huffy and puffy". I do wonder whether this criminal individual had some help in his effort to escape a lifetime of three hots and a cot. I won't mourn his passing.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Edit: removed. Needlessly hyperbolic and repetitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.