ohio marcs system noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemarshal1

Can anyone tell me the reason for the "water dripping noise" is the best way i can describe it on the marcs system. i have been told it is blocked traffic and i have been told it is towers locking up can anyone confirm. i am getting alot in southern ohio of this in the past few weeks.

hoser147

I dont think its encryption as it changes tones alot. Is there any way to record it and put it on here. It may just be a local problem as I havent heard anything like that up here in W. Central Oh. Hoser

firemarshal1

It Sounds Like It Is Scrambled I Thought It Was Blocked It May Be Towers Being Crossed I Dont Know. We Have Several Towers On In The Same County With In 15 Miles Of Each Other. I Have The State Fire Marshal In My Talk Groups And Have Never Heard Them I Know They Are Scrambled But Other People Tell Me They Hear Them So I Thought That Was What I Was Hearing If Anyone Has An Idea Let Me Know. By The Way Sometimes All The Traffic On The Towers Is Ok And Works Fine This Is An Inteminted Problem.

barlage

Premium Subscriber
On my new Pro-96, it will go to a channel with traffic on a Deshler tower, (NW Ohio), but when the traffic is finished, it stays on with static, almost like squelch noise, but squelch is off. I tried ATT, but that seemed to block everything.

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.