• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

OHP nabs Sunday Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
1,377
Location
Broken Arrow
Yellow Mustang going 125 on 169 Northbound @ 8 am. Finally caught him in Collinsville.
 

OkRob

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
184
125 MPH on highway 169. What a moron!

Probably at least that. They should put him in jail for about a week and make him do nothing other than watch films of what happens if some little something goes wrong at that speed. Going that speed on a busy highway in a metro area is ridiculous. :)

- Rob
 

CommShrek

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
664
OkRob said:
Probably at least that. They should put him in jail for about a week and make him do nothing other than watch films of what happens if some little something goes wrong at that speed. Going that speed on a busy highway in a metro area is ridiculous. :)

- Rob
If I was that driver, I would have just told the trooper that there was an Airevac Lifeteam helicopter overhead. I would then say that I was afraid that they were going to crash on top of me, and that I was merely trying to outrun them. Given thier track record, surely the trooper would buy it and send me on my way. :)
 

car2back

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
3,010
Location
Tulsa, OK
Twobravo said:
If I was that driver, I would have just told the trooper that there was an Airevac Lifeteam helicopter overhead. I would then say that I was afraid that they were going to crash on top of me, and that I was merely trying to outrun them. Given thier track record, surely the trooper would buy it and send me on my way. :)
lol, Speaking of Lifeteam, I have heard a story from OTEMS where the ambulance crew radioed Dispatch to get Air-evac en route from Claremore, and the patient set up and said no, he'll wait for Lifeflight to come from Tulsa. (I don't know if that's actually true, but it's still funny)
 

okla-lawman

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
473
Location
tulsa, ok
tkjr4160 said:
Probably a day in jail, a court date, huge fine, and impound fee
No jail, no impounded. You cant arrest for reckless or speeding anymore. While technically he could get up to 90 days and $2500 for it, I have never seen it. Usually it is just a cash fine. Though I have seen 6 months of probation, community service and Driver inprovement training, quite a few times in agrrevated instances like that,
 

mfolta1

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Messages
618
Location
tulsa okla.
i got nailed for aggravited speed years ago in my porsche, i could have got out of it money wise by taking a driving course and all that shi* but i didnt want to waste a weekend so i ended up paying close to 800.00 for it.....that cop and i now meet on a regular basis,,cool fella..i shouldnt have been flying low.
 

Freqed

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
1,377
Location
Broken Arrow
okla-lawman said:
No jail, no impounded. You cant arrest for reckless or speeding anymore. While technically he could get up to 90 days and $2500 for it, I have never seen it. Usually it is just a cash fine. Though I have seen 6 months of probation, community service and Driver inprovement training, quite a few times in agrrevated instances like that,
Well, He went to Collinsville jail, car went with Owasso Wrecker.
 

mfolta1

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Messages
618
Location
tulsa okla.
then c-ville caught him.. ohp would have taken him to the tulsa co jail,,,guess the cville cop heard the radio traffic and set up on him....that old saying,you can outrun the cars/police,but you cant outrun the radio!or he was drunk and ohp took him to cville for 10-32 and then to tulsas jail.
 
Last edited:

okla-lawman

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
473
Location
tulsa, ok
He had to be drunk then. The state sent out a training memo lat year. It was advising that
the law had change and that tickets were no longer a "courtesy" and were required on all but a few violations ie eluding, dui, dwi, no dl, and driving under revocation if I remember right. I have'nt work any traffic for years but they made a big deal about it. Most area jails are so full that they are not accepting traffic charges (except dui), several counties are only excepting Felonies. They only reason to go 10-15 to cville would be to use their intoxilyser. The trooper may have been getting close to his time limit to administer the intoxilizer test (waiting on the wrecker sucks) so he went to the closest available intoxilizer instead of going to the SO like they normally do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top