• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ok Hams on the Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Premium Subscriber
Ok what class of license do you hold. For me I am a general class.
Maybe we can set up a time chat via HF or Echolink or something ok

kd7rto

1987 Tech, grandfathered to Tech Plus, grandfathered to General.

Been listening to 80 meter SSB recently, especially 3840 kHz. I'm hooked, now I need to get my extra. Or maybe I should just wait until they lower the standards again, then they will just hand it to me, like they did my General.

KR4BD

EXTRA Class.

I worked my way up the ladder beginning in 1975 as a Novice, Then Tech, Then General, Then Advanced and finally EXTRA in early 2000.

kg4icg

Premium Subscriber
I Am a General Class license holder with a TS2000X, so there isn't much i can't get on frequency wise.

R Collins

SLWilson

Amateur Radio...

I'm at Tech Plus. Our local club is going to put together a study group this fall & I'm going to work on my General & Extra....Steve/KB8FAR ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.