mikeh

ok unden i how do i get verson frimware update 2.00
i can only get verson 1.41
where is it i am starting alitte mad
i have tryed many things here

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There is no 2.00 nor is there a 1.41. What scanner are you talking about?

mikeh

ok what di i do unden

i i have had my 396 for 3 years
and it is regerger
how do i get the lestest
how do do this
BCD396T Downloads
-------------------------------
Important Firmware Notice
Firmware updates for the BCD396T and BCD996T scanners are now located on your “All My Scanners” page. When you register a scanner, the latest firmware version available for that scanner is linked in the “Latest Firmware” column. These downloads are no longer kept in the “My Downloads” area.
If you have not yet entered an ESN and ESN checksum for your scanner, the latest firmware link will be to the firmware version that enables these functions on your scanner. You must apply this update before applying a Version 2 or later update.
Once you apply the version that provides the ESN and checksum, register that information for the scanner. After you enter this information you will be given a link to get a Version 2 registration key for that scanner.
Once you retrieve your Version 2 registration key, you will be given a link to get the latest Version 2 firmware.
Read all release notes for each download before applying the update. They provide important information and instructions for applying the update, as well as troubleshooting tips in case you run into a problem.

Name Version Description Size Release Date
BCD396T_UASD_v1.4.1.1.exe 1.4.1.1 BCD396T ( the uniden web site will not me let download this )

Uniden Advanced Scanner Director 6.5 Mb 04/06/2006
A software key will be sent to the email address you enter. This email will be from order@uniden.com, please adjust your spam filters if necessary. You will need this to unlock the full version of the program.
There is no charge for the full version of this software.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Mike:

As stated on the page you are quoting, the firmware updates are no longer available on that page.

Click on "All My Scanners"

Click on the link next to the scanner you want to update "Get ESN Update."

Proceed from there.

jakegday

Banned
UPMan said:
Mike:

As stated on the page you are quoting, the firmware updates are no longer available on that page.

Click on "All My Scanners"

Click on the link next to the scanner you want to update "Get ESN Update."

Proceed from there.

after i login my only option is "download area" then after that i pick my scanner (the 396t) then it gives me a bunch of $30-40 software options, none of which are for my scanner, i can not find this "all my scanners" link ANYWHERE

how exactly do i get this update, i know i have to download something else before the update but i cant even find that......

any suggestions??

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Register your scanner (I left that step out of this thread since Mike said he had already done that...at least I think regerger = register). Once you do that, a link to "All My Scanners" appears.

Last edited:

jakegday

Banned
yeah i dont think before i type, i figured it out, thank you though! (their website sure is running slow today)

jakegday

Banned
well i finally got the update file, however its a .scn file, and my computer doesnt recognize that file type, and since my scanner doesnt act as a removeable drive i cant just "move" the file to the scanner,

how do i install this?

jakegday

Banned
the only 2 things i can download at this point is the actual firmware file, and the owners manual, where can i get this firmware updater?

i did a uniden.com and a google.com search for that file name and came up with nothing

edit: i can also find the UASD software, and a pdf file of control codes, still no firmware updater.....

(thank god for cigarettes)

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When you click on the link to get the V2 update, there are three files available. The zipped "scn" file, the zipped "BC_VUP" updater and the zipped instructions.

jerk

UPMan said:
When you click on the link to get the V2 update, there are three files available. The zipped "scn" file, the zipped "BC_VUP" updater and the zipped instructions.
You mean you can get on the site, and you can click on something.

Servers SLOW, typical Uniden unpreparedness, not ready, and I've only read three posts, and people say it not working all that well. The firmware that is...

Their server isn't working all that well either. How about some mirror sites or updated capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.