Okaloosa County Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Ok... Someone else correct me if I am wrong here but there is one of two reasons why there are no input channels for these frequiences you are requesting.

1. The TAC channels AKA Tactial Channels are Simplex. Which means they dont have a input. They bypass the repeater. Yes they still have DPL/CTCSS Tones. A FD I was with we done that. We used one frequncy with 4 diffrent DPL tones.

2. No one has the input to these because of FCC rules and regulations or they are not to be made public.

Rule of thumb. VHF is always 600Khz + or - of the Recieve freq and UHF is always 12.5-25 Khz + or - of the recieve.

trooper890

Yes you are absolutely wrong.

NO such rule you speak of regarding input frequency.

Amateur VHF offsets don't apply outside the 2 meter band. UHF does but it's +5 mhz not khz.

ki4wbn

Trey, Crestview FD TAC's are all simplex, so you can cross two of them off your list. I don't know about the others though.

Trooper890 has it correct. Also, TAC's aren't always simplex (yes, typically they are). They can go through a repeater as well. In fact one of the Okaloosa Tac's IS a repeater tac. TAC is simply just a naming thing.
Okaloosa Tac-1 used to be the primary repeater for the south end, but since they went to SLERS, it's now a tac channel-still repeated.

Also, especially with VHF, your split can be any range of frequency distance. I've seen it as large as a 9MHz split (151 to 159), and as little as a 1.5MHz split between the transmit and receive. It all depends on what frequencies are available and are given to you by the FCC.
UHF though is the 5MHz.

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Yes you are absolutely wrong.

NO such rule you speak of regarding input frequency.

Amateur VHF offsets don't apply outside the 2 meter band. UHF does but it's +5 mhz not khz.

I knew I was wrong after I posted it. I remembered that UHF was MHz not Khz. That was my bad.

ki4wbn

You can edit them for a short time after posting, but I think it's only like 15 minutes. And the rest of the posts were not "barking" at you, just informing you ;)

SCPD

QRT
Yes that's correct on 8/20 and I believe on 8/21 as well the south VHF repeater was used. I'm guessing there was some issues with S.L.E.R.S for Station 1, Station 5, Station 8 and Station 21 but it seems as of 8/22 the issues have been taken care of.

SCPD

QRT
Destin Big Kahunas PL Tones/Codes needed

I'm needing the following PL Tone/Codes for the following Big Kahunas in Destin, Florida frequencies. If you happen to know or can get them please share thank you.

451.46250000 456.46250000 (Big Kahunas Daily Operations)
452.66250000 457.66250000 (Big Kahunas Daily Operations)
451.73750000 (Big Kahunas Daily Operations)

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
Will your scanner not decode there freqs? If not I will try and program them into my scanner and set it to search for the DPL/CTCSS tones and see what I can come up with. Not going to guarantee anything since I am down on the Island but I do have my antenna outside and I am able to pick up a lot more then I have before. North County is coming in great. Almost full signal on a lot of my channels

SCPD

QRT
frequencies still in use?

Does anyone know if okaloosa county still uses the following VHF frequency RX 155.83500 TX 153.78500 WPHP604 RM 103.5 PL OCFD North 1 Fire/EMS North (Laurel Hill Repeater) or do they just use RX 154.72500 TX 153.78500 WPHP604 RM 186.2 PL OCFD North 2 Fire/EMS North (Crestview Repeater)?

codblackops2

Premium Subscriber
SLERS Down?

So this evening I have been hearing Okaloosa Island and a couple of other FD's running on OCFD Tac-4. Anyone know if SLERS is down again or they just using that repeater? I also noticed that Destin was using Tac-4 Saturday afternoon also when the so called storm was coming in. Just wondering if anyone else has been noticing this change in the past few days also.

ki4wbn

Yeah, not sure where those came from.....They have probably been in a closet for a while, since I never saw those radios while I working on the equipment when I lived there.

Status
Not open for further replies.