• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

OKC Helicopters

Is Air One and all the news helicopters still using 123.025 for Air to Air? I’ll occasionally hear Air Evac on there, but rarely if ever hear anyone else. The way those guys fly patterns over accident scenes would require a common frequency I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Air One and all the news helicopters still using 123.025 for Air to Air? I’ll occasionally hear Air Evac on there, but rarely if ever hear anyone else. The way those guys fly patterns over accident scenes would require a common frequency I assume.

Yep they sure do! Listened to them yesterday during the police chase and shootings. You prob wont hear much if your inside using an OEM antenna. They fly rather low so unless they are close by you wont hear them as much or as good.

I’m actually using my Airband portable, which has a little better range than my scanner. But probably still not enough to hear a lot