• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Okla Highway Patrol

TCL32

Premium Subscriber
Have had OHP Troop A in Okla City programmed into my Pro 106 for years. Noticed the two metro channels not picking up any traffic. All other agencies work fine. I even still pick up both Troop A rural channels. Checked to make sure ID’s didn’t change; all good. Anyone else having similar issue? Noticed this began a couple weeks after LIVE PD started filming here... not sure if that has anything to do with it.

simpilo

Have had OHP Troop A in Okla City programmed into my Pro 106 for years. Noticed the two metro channels not picking up any traffic. All other agencies work fine. I even still pick up both Troop A rural channels. Checked to make sure ID’s didn’t change; all good. Anyone else having similar issue? Noticed this began a couple weeks after LIVE PD started filming here... not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Do you have DSDPlus Fastlane v2.186?
I am asking this because I have been hearing Troop A on the new system being built. Mostly Troop A Metro 1. I have saw Troop A Rural pop up in the event log.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
I was hearing them on my PRO-197 as of Friday night / very early Saturday morning anyway... Was listening while driving into OKC. Also noticed, while out by Watonga, that I was hearing A Metro on the Geary site.

...and while typing this just heard A Metro here at home as well. (Though it seems they have been pretty quiet tonight, hearing more activity from AR, G and Turner.)

One thought, since you mention the scanner's been programmed "for years", do you have all the current TSYS frequencies entered? I hadn't listened to my scanners much for a few years - last programmed my 106 and 197s back in 2013! - and found when I dusted them off a couple months ago that I was missing pieces of conversations due to missing frequencies. Reloaded with a fresh download from RR and all was working again.