oKLAHOMA CITY ma/com programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell22

Hey All Wondering If Anyone Here Has A Provoice Capable Radio And If The Were Able To Get It Programmed For Okc Provioice?

pLEASE DONT MOVE THIS AS i NEED IT FOR okc ONLY NOT GENERAL MA/COM

fireant

Getting a provoice radio would not be to difficult if you have the funds. Getting it programmed for OKC would be next to impossible.

fireant

fireant

My understanding unless you have something from the upper people inside the police department. I know the only ones whom have a provoice radio that are not official city employees are the media. Not saying its totally impossible but good luck getting this approved.

Maybe some others on here can explain more in detail.

fireant

dbestfirefighter

Dozer
Premium Subscriber
I love it when people have no idea what they are talking about, but yet post something. It is possible, I've seen it, I know of 3 in the metro area. Expect to spend between $1500-$2000

Last edited:

fireant

You must speak from experience. However I know of no radio shop that will program a radio for the OKC system. I know there are some people that can program the radio however good luck finding someone willing to do that for him unless he knows them.

You don't have to be a jerk

Just was telling him he more than likely would be wasting his money. I personally can think of a better use of $1500-$2000 myself.

However if you know what you was talking about a handheld can be had for far less than that if one knows where to look.

Thought this thread look familiar: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86057

fireant

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
...these are the people that that believe knowledge is power and if you don't know about something, you're an idiot. People like that really *(&^%$ me off!

"It is possible, I've seen it, I know of 3 in the metro area. Expect to spend between $1500-$2000", would have been sufficient...

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
is OKC encrypted I'm going to be comming through their in July heading for fort sill I know there on EDCAS but just curious give me something to listen to in the car

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
You can still pick up OCPD on their VHF channels but OCFD is on ProVoice and cannot unless you happen to catch them on a Regional Mutual Aid channel at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.