Oklahoma Multi-Agency Communications System

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The FCC license info for this systems Tecumseh site is different than the OKWIN site. Different location and tower. It seems OUHSC was only on OKWIN temporarily as the system listed here seems to have traffic again in OKC.

There doesn't really seem to be any connection between the two systems except in the DB. I cannot get either control channel at home - maybe they have the same system ID, in which case they really are part of a network.

The question remains, why would OUHSC get on a different system when the state is already part of OKWIN (and OU/Norman is already there, too)?

SCPD

QRT
There doesn't really seem to be any connection between the two systems except in the DB. I cannot get either control channel at home - maybe they have the same system ID, in which case they really are part of a network.

The question remains, why would OUHSC get on a different system when the state is already part of OKWIN (and OU/Norman is already there, too)?

Perhaps OUHSC knows something y'all don't. And yes Nichols Hills is a stake holder on the OKWIN doubt it all you want.

n5bew1

Politics, we want our antenna on our buildingitis, concerns over handheld coverage in basement rooms. Who knows what prompted them to do their own thing.

trbofan

Hearing technicians and Citizen Potawatomi Nation Police testing on the Tecumseh site today. Does anyone know where the site is? Hearing it pretty good from McLoud.

trbofan

Wow! That is pretty good range. Is it a mother m system? The audio quality is superb. I heard a unit say they were in lincoln county talking on a hand-held.

n5bew1

Wow! That is pretty good range. Is it a mother m system? The audio quality is superb. I heard a unit say they were in lincoln county talking on a hand-held.

It also helps to have the antenna at Tecumseh at 550 feet above ground level.

trbofan

I just looked at the license. It is licensed for 440-feet. Did they install the antenna higher than that?

radiopirate

Premium Subscriber
The system is being built by Stolz. From what I hear they are trying sale time on the a system to Oklahoma County Sheriffs Office on a system that is not even built yet and telling the Sheriffs Office that they can cover the whole county with just 3 sites that they are trying to get donated space on tower and building for and to dump the system that include 13 voting receive site linked over uwave and T1.

trbofan

thank you for the correction n5bew1. I do hear ou hs pd on the site from time to time so the sites are definitely connected. what keeps me from hearing them all the time?

i looked up the current okla county so system it just shows one repeater site for their primary channel. is that correct? how are they covering the whole county with one repeater site now?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Unexpectedly found myself in Midtown OKC today and remembered that there are analyze and discovery features on my BCD436HP.

5001 was the only TG active and it sounds like OUHSCPD. I've never monitored them so can't say for certain and they didn't give any locations that I could google to see if they matched with the OUHSCPD's (small) jurisdiction. Only managed to let the radio sit for about an hour, so not much of a listening session and the radio didn't seem to record anything (I thought it would in Discovery mode).

radiopirate

Premium Subscriber
thank you for the correction n5bew1. I do hear ou hs pd on the site from time to time so the sites are definitely connected. what keeps me from hearing them all the time?

i looked up the current okla county so system it just shows one repeater site for their primary channel. is that correct? how are they covering the whole county with one repeater site now?
They are not covering the whole county with it. It's the wet dream of a single Lt. And he has been told.bu Stoltz that they can cover the whole county with just 3 sites.. On top of that Stoltz had the nerve to get the sheriff to ask several tower owner to donate space on their towers for him to put up his multi agency junk so he could sale timeslots on it.

OCSO is still using their 70cm UHF system even though it's crippled. It would only take a few minutes to fix by a qualified radio tech. Two of the Techs that could fix it were trained by the radio tech that just retired. But they think their IT guy can fix it..

But even though it crippled it can still cover 80% of the county.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

radiopirate

Premium Subscriber
Nope, but the lives of deputies on the line.

Without good communications how can one call for backup or EMS. Anytime a tornado goes through the Cell networks get over loaded. Can't rely and the mobile data in the car plus how do press the F12 button on the keyboard in the car when you are fighting for your life.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.