OKWIN Baker's Peake Cooperton

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
I currently live in Clinton and I have seen on RR that there is a site tower down by Cooperton. I have driven to where it is said to be and no such tower exists. Am I missing anything? Or is it a future site that they plan on putting up in the future? Thank you for any help

n5bew1

It does exist as on trips to Lawton I have heard traffic on it. The FCC database shows it is on Baker peak but the antennas are only on a 20 ft (6.2m) tower structure. So it might be hard to see from the ground.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Hmm how strange, I work for odot in that area sometimes but all I hear is Elgin's site around there. I did see on the FCC ULS that the range is only about 35 miles and dont hear anything around clinton area but once I hit the 75-80 mile marker on I-40 I can pick okc up clear as day. Strange how these towers work sometimes.

nd5y

The location in the FCC license data (WQPK239) is 34.83972, -98.80333 which appears to be wrong.
The actual location appears to be a small building on the mountain at 34.814596, -98.801962 (if it's really still on Baker Peak).
I used to be able to receive the site here in Wichita Falls most of the time with an indoor antenna until a couple years ago. Now I can't receive it at all. I don't know if it's still in the same location or if something else changed. It still shows up as a neighbor on the Lawton and Walters sites.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
My personal opinion I think the whole system needs to be gone through again and have it checked to see if any new sites or talkgroups have popped up that haven't been put in the database. I'll have to check out those coordinates and see if I find anything else out. Thanks for your input!

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
I guess when they start putting up towers out west and northwest the other RMA channels will come into effect, who knows?!

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Drove down to the actual tower site today and nothing, I think either there's something wrong with the tower that no one knows about or they shut it down but it is most definitely not operational

nd5y

Right now the Walters site is still showing site 29 as a neighbor with cc 859.2625.
I don't know if the system would show a site on neighbor lists if the site wasn't operating.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I tried listening to it conventional, custom search with cc on/off and still silent. No Idea what's going on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.