• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Old FCC CB License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_Ron

This is a great thread! I wish I had my original license, but I should be able to recreate it with the generous posts of a few of you who still have yours. Thank you!
KYB-1942

kc7mtu

Premium Subscriber
I went by Kaas 8391 & ran under Crazyman on ch 14 Am AZ. Now I'm ham operator kc7mtu & dispatcher for 5 fire depts. who to figure.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Wow this thread is over 11 years old and it's been revived. There was another thread, what was your call sign also. I would love to have my license that was under my dad's name when I was 12 in 1965... KOG0554, Lafayette he 90 with a collinear 3 Hi- Gain ground plane right next to my VHF High tunable monitor for police and fire.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
KYF-8289 from the REACT team monitoring channel 9 for any emergencies. Those were the good ole days!

TheSpaceMann

Wow this thread is over 11 years old and it's been revived. There was another thread, what was your call sign also. I would love to have my license that was under my dad's name when I was 12 in 1965... KOG0554, Lafayette he 90 with a collinear 3 Hi- Gain ground plane right next to my VHF High tunable monitor for police and fire.
My friend had an HE-90 in New York! ;)

Dustybear

Operated KON-940, Animal Clinic 7616 Custer Road West in Tacoma, KRM-8566 Rainier REACT Unit 699, and also my own license KNP-3797 in Tacoma. KBUR-7200 in Quincy, Ma. Now N1OSG. Still keep the spirit alive, just never enough time in life to enjoy the fun of radio like back then. In Tacoma was known as the PUDDLE JUMPER, in Quincy as the DUSTY BEAR

ke4ruu

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to remember mine from around 1976 It started with KBBG but I'm not sure the last part. 1088 seems familiar.

KANE4109

I have MOST of mine. It was out in the garage and pinned to a cork board from when I used to have a table set up out there hooked to an antenna. Then I gave it up for a long time. The cork board fell off the wall got behind some boxes...and when I finally found it....moisture had gotten to it and about 35% of the middle top is gone. Still have it though....

W4AQX

Premium Subscriber
My late brother's call sign was KBSG-0670. I never took time to investigate getting my own rig or ticket.

W5lz

Once upon a time I had KQV6070. Some time around '65 - '67, maybe? Also held a C.A.P. mobile call under the national license during that period. Can't remember that one.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Once upon a time I had KQV6070. Some time around '65 - '67, maybe? Also held a C.A.P. mobile call under the national license during that period. Can't remember that one.
I believe 65 is around the right time. I got KQI in 1965 so KQV wasn't that far later than mine... unless it was a "recycled" call sign.

W5lz

I believe 65 is around the right time. I got KQI in 1965 so KQV wasn't that far later than mine... unless it was a "recycled" call sign.
At that time there were no recycled call signs, they hadn't run out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.