• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Old FCC CB License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
17W328 ▬▬ I'm old. When the FCC realized that designation belonged to another country's radio system, they changed it to KGI3126.

Some numbers you never forget. I still remember my old Air Force serial number and I was discharged almost 50 years ago.

prcguy

I remember my CB callsign from 1975 but can't remember what the wifee asked me to do today.

17W328 ▬▬ I'm old. When the FCC realized that designation belonged to another country's radio system, they changed it to KGI3126.

Some numbers you never forget. I still remember my old Air Force serial number and I was discharged almost 50 years ago.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here goes. I had a CB license from the FCC back in the early 70's when they were required. I'd love to get a copy of that for nostalgia purposes, but can't find those anywhere on-line (including the FCC site).
The FCC doesn't retain records very long so it's difficult to do callsign research. You could recreate a license replica if you can find a high resolution scan of a CB license from the same time period and adding your specific license info in the appropriate fields.

sgnlzero

I just found this thread after finding a Midland base station (circa 1977) on ebay that was brand new and still in the box. Purchasing the CB brought up all the old memories of the old CB licensing procedures and my KEG-3368 callsign. When I opened the box and it also had the FCC Part 95 rules booklet and the application for a CB license. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190802_150256858.jpg
    IMG_20190802_150256858.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20190802_150322766.jpg
    IMG_20190802_150322766.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190802_150329673.jpg
    IMG_20190802_150329673.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 20

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR Groundhog, I see you joined yesterday... my dad got me my first license when I was 12 in 1965... KOG0554 in Montgomery County PA. I was always known as oceanhopper. I even remember my first marine radio license WM6934.

I had one of the first crb research monitoring station certificates but I just can't find it and I don't remember my number.

I look forward to speaking with you in the future... Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.