Olmsted County-SE Minnesora

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamms1

Just checking if anyone has the frequencies for Olmsted county sheriff and the Rochester Police frequencies. Thank you

fwfdengine2

Olmsted County is on the ARMER (allied radio matrix for emergency response) system. This system is a APCO P25 standard. to be able to listen to this system you need a digital scanner. The system frequency is 853.6125. TGID's are: FD Dsip (20476) FD OP 2 (20472) FD OP 3 (20482) Mayo Clnc (20492) Med Update (20434) Med Air (20020) OLM PTAC 1 (20550) OLM ATAC 1 (20402) Airport 1 (20448) LE Disp (20506). Those are the tgid's i primary listen to, they are the same as "zone a" in a fire dept. radio.

hamms1

Thank you fwfdengine2, now I just need to figure out how to program my new scanner. I have the Uniden BC346XT and it's not the easiest thing to program. Not sure what you mean by TGID'S but will try to figure it out. Thanks again for your help

fwfdengine2

mmtsc, its 346 not 246. prob a typo err. but he/she still cannot monitor armer with what they have now. i would suggest BCD396XT I was just in rochester the other day and it works great. and always has statewide for armer.

TGID stands for talk groud iD. a talkgroup is a channel on a trunked radio system (TRS) you can read more about trunking here Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

mmtstc

Ø
yeah, that was a typo...

about the only analog VHF in Rochester is LEC 2, Mayo One helicopter and Gold Cross EMS, which are listed in the database. Mayo Clinic also operates their own trunked radio system, which you CAN listen to and hear Mayo security operations and the internal downtown EMS response team. there also may be a UHF station link for Rochester fire, but i have never listened for it.

hamms1

Thank you for all the ideas. Ordered the scanner you recommended yesterday and hope it works good for me. Thanks again for all your help, Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.