Omaha Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

e15289577

I forgot to mention, according to a friend that works for OFD, the odd numbered TAC channels are assigned for medical issues and the even numbered TAC channels are assigned for fire events...if you ever wondered why you rarely hear an odd-numbered TAC channel assigned.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
They multi-select the 2 talk groups which creates a temporary patch (just like a county/citywide broadcast for police) when the dispatcher talks.

Mobile and portables don't have the alerting talk group. That talk group is mainly used by mobile radios hooked up to the station speakers that only have the alerting talk group in it.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention, according to a friend that works for OFD, the odd numbered TAC channels are assigned for medical issues and the even numbered TAC channels are assigned for fire events...if you ever wondered why you rarely hear an odd-numbered TAC channel assigned.
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

TrunkKat

Premium Subscriber

442 shows up as Fire Dispatch on my BCD536HP. If your in Omaha you definitely need a Phase II scanner. Sarpy still uses Motorola Type II so an older model (like my Pro-197) can still capture those calls.

Attachments

• 50C0F1E9-9A48-4445-B6E1-E173BDECA2C6.jpg
    50C0F1E9-9A48-4445-B6E1-E173BDECA2C6.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 116

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
Scanner brand ?

Sounds like the next time I head to Omaha my Radio Shack Pro 96 won't pick up the OFD since they will probably be on Phase 2. With that in mind, I am wondering what kind of scanner I should be looking at... Uniden or Radio Shack ? My other concern would be the programming of it. I am able to do my Pro 96 OK, but not familiar with any Uniden programming. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

scanomaha

Hi Fr. Frank... I can help you choose a phase 2 scanner... I like the Home patrol 2.... (just add favorites list )...send me a private email..... I remember programming your pro-96 long ago.... as a side note I program scanners for just about any country in the USA.... shoot me an email marty@scanomaha.com

Status
Not open for further replies.