Online view of SLC fire dispatch CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com
slcsky!

Wow, that really is a cool Web site. I didn't know that it existed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I encourage you to return to your User CP and fill in your location so we will know where you are from. Right now we have to guess, but I think it must be Salt Lake from your user name and the fact you are pointing out things in SLC. We would also appreciate a little bit of an introduction.

Hope you stick around and enjoy our company.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Utah_Viper said:
I think we broke it :p
We must have. I tried it again this morning and it was all messed up, but last night it was great. It lists all of their calls for a 24 hour period. Very cool.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I can see the fire one now, but the police one sends me a page that says, "You are not authorized to view this page."

Humph!

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Very interesting. nOw how long will it be there after "They" find out that "we" know about it? Also, I am now curious about the missing incident numbers.

qlajlu

Silent Key
gldavis said:
Very interesting. nOw how long will it be there after "They" find out that "we" know about it? Also, I am now curious about the missing incident numbers.
I'm not sure what you are calling "missing." If you are talking about the SLC FD, all the incident numbers I see on that Web site are in order and there are none missing. It looks to me like they only display 24 hours worth and anything older than that drops off.

I don't see any incident numbers at all on the UHP site.

Observer1

LGLHOOK said:
I wonder if that is the dispatch screen they can see on the engines from their computers, only they would be able to pull all the details of the calls. I think that would be a question for our SLC Firefighters to answer.
SLCPD has this one as well: http://apps1.slcgov.com/police/trafficaccidents/accidentquery.asp

The screens that SLCPD and SLC Fire have don't look anything like that. Much like the UHP CAD it's just graphic representation of unit status, what the units actually have in their cars is far more detailed and complex.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Observer1 said:
Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County and Taylorsville use Versaterm http://www.versaterm.com/clients/us_clients.html
SLPD must have a creatice writer managing their Web site. Look at this announcement of a bust:

"Most people look forward to the weekend as a time to relax and even grab a couple extra hours of sleep. Last weekend, six dangerous people suspected of involvement in a series of robberies were not afforded this luxury."

Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.