Only hearing one side of the transmission nc viper transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreer289

Premium Subscriber
I currently have a Whistler scanner desk top and wondering why I am only hearing one side of a conversation conventional straight up VHF works great my problem is trying to listen to the NC viper P 25 trunking system

Quantar22

I currently have a Whistler scanner desk top and wondering why I am only hearing one side of a conversation conventional straight up VHF works great my problem is trying to listen to the NC viper P 25 trunking system

What talk group (s) are you noticing the problem on? Could be a simple solution like the communications center is multi selecting a conventional VHF resource and a 800 control station for dispatch. Without a console level patch in place if the field units are replying to the communications center on VHF you will hear nothing on Viper.

Jgreer289

Premium Subscriber
I noticed it on one of the state trooper talk groups as well as local sheriffs department thanking it may be a simple saving but not real sure thanks for your reply .

reconrider8

on shp it could be your just hearing dispatch.they patch everything together sometimes youll hear like troop c 1 dispatcher on troop c8 dispatching c1 and it may be the same on dispatch if theres more then 1 tower. just a thought

Quantar22

I noticed it on one of the state trooper talk groups as well as local sheriffs department thanking it may be a simple saving but not real sure thanks for your reply .

NCSHP is still utilizing LB albeit on a limited basis in some troops. You'll only hear one side on LB generally as it is not repeated. When selecting a LB transmitter the communications center will also select the applicable TG (s) on Viper so it's a multi cast on 800 and LB. What county are you in? That might help with knowing if they are a primary user on Viper or simply have a control station with console multi select.

WA4MJF

We had a patrolwoman here that did not want to be heard by everyone, so she answered on LB car to station. Moved to the Mansion and, I guess at end of next week, she will get her line Sgt stripes and go back on the road, if that is still what the outgoing Guv still does for his security folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.