onondaga cty

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan1806

I have been listening to onon cty for about a year now . all of a sudden I cant hear the cty sheriff . are they doing something to the system? It was working fine until about a week ago.

PlumCreek

Premium Subscriber
I am able to monitor Onondaga County Sheriff's just fine. The Broadcastify feed for the Onondaga County Public Feed is also very active. I live in Manlius Township. Hope you can resolve the situation.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I have a feeling

I have been listening to onon cty for about a year now . all of a sudden I cant hear the cty sheriff . are they doing something to the system? It was working fine until about a week ago.

They are up to something there in Onondaga. I've been having some issues as well.

scan1806

I am in Baldwinsville ny and have problems with receiving cty sheriff dispatch ,usually I have no problem but for last week its been terrible reception , I have 3 pro 197 and a gre psr 500 all have same problem, there are two towers in area so I no I shouldn't be having any problems

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
They are up to something there in Onondaga. I've been having some issues as well.
You and me both! My PCR500 is going crazy with "wildcard" numbers and I have completely lost the New York State Thruway State Police on 453.525, and 453.425 (powerful repeater),. residing right near Armory Sq. as it bombed in a while back. Yet I am getting all Sheriff traffic 5X5. Go figure!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I know the Thruway changed alot of equipment just prior to the december narrowbanding deadline....know some sites that were used are no longer used.

The Thruway system narrowbanding was completed months ago, so this apparent issue rfking123 is having recently probably would've started last fall if it were related to that.

I'm not aware of the Thruway taking any sites offline as part of the narrowbanding process or otherwise. If you have confirmed information to the contrary, please share the specific details rather than making a vague, generalized statement. Thanks.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Working on confirming what sites moved. I dont work on there stuff, but was working with a tech on another project who was telling me about this. Apparently they had a few dead spots and when narrowbanding were going to move a few repeaters. Not sure how they had any dead spots as i seem to hear them all the way along the the thruway and never any dead spots. I drive between syracuse and buffalo weekly and listen to them the entire route...

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering the same

Working on confirming what sites moved. I dont work on there stuff, but was working with a tech on another project who was telling me about this. Apparently they had a few dead spots and when narrowbanding were going to move a few repeaters. Not sure how they had any dead spots as i seem to hear them all the way along the the thruway and never any dead spots. I drive between syracuse and buffalo weekly and listen to them the entire route...

I heard them fine when I was in the area on my PSR8.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have not seen any FCC applications to change sites on 453.425/525 system in the Syracuse or Buffalo Divisions for several years. .

The Thruway changed a few years ago from a lot of the old sites at interchanges and rest areas to hilltop sites off of the right of way for wide area coverage with fewer sites. Examples are Attica for the Buffalo Division and Cifton Springs and W Sorrel Hill Rd in the Syracuse Division.

Buffalo used to occasionally switch back to the old W Henrietta Rd interchange tower. I don't know if it was for testing or there was a problem with Attica. I have not heard this for a few years.

When they narrow banded I would not be surprised if they did not go to the expense of new equipment for the old sites that were no longer in regular use.

There has been some activity in recent years in setting up the separate 460 frequencies for the Maintenance Sections. Is it possible the changes you were told about were to the 460 maintenance channels and not the main system? Last year I tried to put together information on the maintence system for the RRDB and it seemed like some things may have been changing at that time.

Last edited:

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
Onondaga county justice center syracuse

It seems that 460.150 Justice Center has gone silent? If so, frequency change? Does anyone now of the possible new freq.?

Status
Not open for further replies.