Ontario CACC ambulance tone outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokey

Has anyone had any luck programming tone outs on the 396T for the Ontario CACC ambulance base station paging on 149.440 mhz? I have figured out what I believe to be the tones but cannot get the feature to work.

pokey

Thanks for the reply! I actually did get it to work since this last post. The following base tones I have figured out:

1.Mississauga "Tedlo" base: 742.5/712.5

2.Mississauga "Clarkson" base: 742.5/772.5

I read the following for Mississauga "Maingate" base but it doesn't seem to work: 712.5/817.5.................Anyone help?

I found that the 396T has to be in FM mode also.

Can anyone else assist with any other tones for the Toronto/Mississauga area?

pokey

When I hold on a specific tone out channel I programmed in I find that I dont get the alert tone, just the 2 tones and the audio. Do I have to be scanning my programmed tone channels to hear the scanner alert tone?

fatguy123

Ontario ambulance tone outs

I've also been working on the tone outs for Peel & Halton but I'm confused how this tone out business works...

With Peel and Halton I'm hearing 4 different tones. 1 sec, 3 sec, 1 sec, 3 sec

The scanner is only set to receive 2....Tone A and Tone B which it is displaying but they seem to be different everytime (even for the same station). I've been monitoring the repeater 414.7125 rather than the true 149.440 but it should be all the same right?

here's what i have so far...

TEDLO BASE (Peel)
A-712.8
B-666.9

A-714.4
B-664.5

CLARKSON BASE (Peel)
A-712.7
B-666.3

03 STN - CUMBERLAND BASE (Halton)
A-818.0
B-667.7

07 STN - MILTON BASE (Halton)
A-862.8
B-670.9

05 STN - BRANT BASE (Halton)
A-817.1
B-667.3

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have put in the tones for #5 Station (Brant) & #3 Station (Cumberland) here in Halton. For whatever reason (I havent much parked on 149.440) I rarely hear pages for my area listed above (and #4 Aldershot); I generally hear pages sent out for Hamilton EMS all the stations.

I am kinda new at this, is there any way I could search out tones or is it just hit and miss?

Thank you

bosco836

Does anyone happen to know what frequency the CACC tone outs are on in Windsor-Essex? I've tried to find them, but with little luck.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
With Peel and Halton I'm hearing 4 different tones. 1 sec, 3 sec, 1 sec, 3 sec

Sounds like they're paging two different pagers for the same base.

You've got two A-B sets.

Could be an inhouse pager and a pager that's carried by a specific crew. They alert both at the same time.

Georgian does that with some of the larger bases.

fatguy123

Hey Mike,

Ya I know they have the personal pagers for the crews in Hamilton but I work for Halton EMS and neither Peel or us carry the personal pagers. The system may just be setup to do the double page anyways but the other thing is my scanner is still picking up Tone A & Tone B and displaying them just fine. The numbers don't change halfway through the page or anything. The only problem is that each time a station is paged the tone #'s are different. So she may page out 03 station five times in a day and each time ToneA&B are different. Shouldn't they be the same 2 tones everytime??

fatguy123

For EJB...

The stations in Burlington don't get paged very often anyways because Halton likes to keep it's trucks mobile most of the time. Try 414.7125MHz and you should hear mainly Halton & Peel base pages.

bainer

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this Bainer. I was listening last nite and heard a page for Aldershot once. As you said they do keep their units mobile.

Hamilton on the other hand has lots of pages and I have heard Milton #7 station a few times.

bosco836

Anyone have any idea if the 149 frequency is in use in Chatham? If not, what freq. are they using (I didn't see anything listed in the database). I was up there on Saturday and only managed to heard a few pages (very faint) from Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.