• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ontario Canada - Orangeville Fire Operations Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtecradio

Just putting this out there before I contact the provider directly, I was wondering if anyone else has found the volume on the Orangeville Fire Operations Feed is very low or is it just me. Any feed back would be appreciated before I contact the provider directly.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

ScottBL

How quiet are we talking? I just listened for an hour or so and downloaded about 3 hours of archives and got no visual audio wavelengths at all. Not sure how busy this feed usually is as I never monitor it but I'd expect to see something after downloading 6 randomly picked half hour archive clips.

Scott

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Try listening Monday morning around 9am. I caught them doing radio checks with all the units somewhere around that time.

ScottBL

OK I compared audio downloads from the Orangeville Fire Ops feed to a couple others from the archives, it does seem quite low in relation to the others.

Scott

newtecradio

OK I compared audio downloads from the Orangeville Fire Ops feed to a couple others from the archives, it does seem quite low in relation to the others.

Scott
Thanks Scott, that's what I found as well very hard to hear. Thanks for looking into this for me I will now contact the provider directly and see if we can get the volume turned up.

Thanks again,

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.