Ontario Incidents and Breaking News

Should we add a Incidents and Breaking News sub-forum to the Ontario forum?

• Yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
LOL a mailing list is not going to make them go enc. There has been dozens of lists running for years and well no enc yet.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I would like the idea, sometimes I am not near my scanners but always have my phone so I can subscribe to the thread and get an instant email of whats going on. Sort of like the yahoo groups which I almost never visit with the exception of Scan Ont anyways.

There would be no IPN reposts, each tiltle would have to state where the incident or breaking news is. Thanks for the feedback guys and lets shoot somemore ideas that would have to met for this sub-forum.:cool:

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
it was mentioned before and i have to agree, i don't always get updates on latest posts here even though i an subscribed to a thread. I tend to notice if the next person posts something i get notified but if anyone else posts after that i don't until i visit the site.. (did that make any sense?) It would appear VBulletin only gives you one notification then you have to visit the site to kind of like reset it. I would like to see it maybe on a yahoo group Either Ron or one of you guys could set it up...

As for reposts of other news sources its going to happen, theirs always bottom feeders out their..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The Ontario Hotshot list is probably the oldest list on Yahoogroups for Incident Notification.

lencatman

I Like my scanners.

I like this ideal I have two scanners 1 being the BC246T and the other being a BC200XLT. I listen to my scanners all the time and I'm guessing others in this Forum would rather hear the news as it happens rather than after the fact. Breaking News is a good ideal as is Ontario Incidents but I'd rather hear what's going on in my area of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.