Ontario - Southern Georgian Bay Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanDylan

Hi, I've been listening to the Southern Georgian Bay Public Safety stream for several months, and I want to express my thanks and gratitude to the people who keep it going.

A few days ago, the stream was down for the afternoon. Thankfully it returned, but the channel no longer streams the OPP Central Region Talkgroups:

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag
8528 215 D OPP 1OPS30 Barrie 1B - 1OPS30
8544 216 D OPP 1OPS31 Collingwood & TOTBM 1O - 1OPS31
8560 217 D OPP 1OPS32 Dufferin County 1N - 1OPS32
8576 218 D OPP 1OPS33 Huronia West 1H - 1OPS33
8592 219 D OPP 1OPS34 MnJikaning 1M - 1OPS34
8608 21a D OPP 1OPS35 Southern Georgian Bay 1K - 1OPS35
8624 21b D OPP 1OPS36 Nottawasaga 1L - 1OPS36
8640 21c D OPP 1OPS37 Orillia & Severn Township 1M - 1OPS37

I have an antique AOR 2000 analog handheld from 1991 that won't pick up anything around here anymore. I'm checking out the forum trying to get some ideas for something digital. I'm inexperienced and short on funds, so it will probably take some time.

But if there's a way to have these talkgroups included in the stream again, I would really appreciate it. It has been a rough few days without being able to hear the local stuff.

Again, thank you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Just heard a call for Collingwood on the stream so everything is fine.

A lot of those talkgroups you list have never been streamed on it. Barrie, Collingwood, Huronia and Southern Georgian Bay are the only ones that have ever been on the feed.

LanDylan

Orillia has been on it too. Not hearing much activity from Midland, Penetang these days.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Orillia has been on it too. Not hearing much activity from Midland, Penetang these days.

Orillia is not on it. You might be confused since the Orillia Comm Centre dispatches the other groups that are on it.

Midland has its own police service and Southern Georgian Bay handles Penetang. SGB was quite busy this past weekend with the weather.

LanDylan

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience and clarification, as I'm still learning to decipher the origins of all the feeds. It can be confusing.

I did notice today that the complete feed listing has been posted on the SGBPS Broadcastify page. I'll re-post here for future reference:

Fleetnet Zone 1 - Penetang and Edgar Towers
Ontario Provincial Police

South Bruce
North Bruce
North Grey
Blue Mountains
Collingwood
Huronia West
Barrie
Southern Georgian Bay

Emergency Medical Services

Georgian CACC - Tactical 5 (Large Scale Events)

City of Barrie

Barrie Police Service - Operations 1
Barrie Fire Service - Tac 1, Tac 2, Dispatch, After Hours paging

CFB Borden

Military Police - Operations
Fire Service - Operations

​Fire Services

Adjala-Tosorontio
Bradford
Collingwood
Clearview
Wasaga Beach
Penetang
Tiny Township
Tay Township
Springwater Township
Oro-Medonte Township - Dispatch and Tactical
Rama Township
Ramara Township
Severn Township
Orillia
Midland
Innisfil
Essa

County of Simcoe

Emergency Management Repeater

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Landyln, you may want to tap the discriminator chip on the old AOR and run it through your sound card and with unitrunker watch what you can pick up in your area. Also see what towers are up or down. Just something for you to ponder!

LanDylan

It seems that the feed has been discontinued, as it's been down for a month. It was really nice having it up for so long. It's been really quiet these days without it.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to pick up the local OPP with a Uniden Home Patrol scanner? Other recommendations are welcome.
I'm thinking about buying a scanner unless the OPP has gone encrypted. In which case, there wouldn't be much point. I would be listening from home. I'm in a low area and don't have an antenna on my roof.

To the person who was broadcasting the feed over the past year: Thank you. I really enjoyed listening. I hope you might consider returning, if that's at all possible.

LanDylan

Have the Southern Georgian Bay OPP gone encrypted? Just thinking of buying a radio, since I miss the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.