oooops. SDS100 SMA connector kapoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
If it was taken on a glass table, it was from underneath. The focus is on the front of the SDS100 and the SMA connector that is broken off. Therefore the SMA connector would have to be at the same focal length as the front of the SDS100. The mount itself on the scanner is out of focus.

Look at the photo and the broken off piece is at the same distance from the camera as the front of the SDS100. You can't have the front of the scanner in focus, the knob out of focus and the broken off piece even farther away back in focus. I am a part time photographer too that is why that stuff sticks out.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Jon, using this 'Ram Mount Finger Grip' does the two top finger grips interfere with the antenna and control knob? Or should they be left off when mounting the SDS100?

It comes as a kit with the dual finger and 3 different lengths of single fingers. I use the long singles on top and bottom, as well as the lower position on each side.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Thanks Jon, very nicely set up and looks very secure.

It's very secure. I've been using the same setup (with the fingers adjusted slightly differently) for the 436 for years in my truck, and it stays in place even going off-road.

Status
Not open for further replies.