op25 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covack

Premium Subscriber
I got my op25 up and going, sounds great

(1) If I press lockout on GUI, does it lockout frequency or channel ID or use skip feature

(2) Is there any links, telling Me how to blacklist the scrambled garble signals
with libre office calc, do I add the channel Id or frequency

thanks

boatbod

Not sure about #1, but the answer to #2 is that you can add blacklist TGIDs in the trunk.csv file. It's tab delimited.

"Sysname" "Control Channel List" "Offset" "NAC" "Modulation" "TGID Tags File" "Whitelist" "Blacklist" "Center Frequency"

"FiRST-TALB" "773.84375,774.83125" "15000" "0x4a6" "CQPSK" "first.tsv" "7557,7335,7341"

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
re: #1, lockout temporarily locks-out a particular talkgroup, skip simply skips to another talkgroup. Unfortunately OP-25 doesn't currently have per-call encryption muting like DSD+, hopefully that gets added soon. So for now, you have to blacklist or temporarily lock-out a TG with lots of Encryption.

Covack

Premium Subscriber
I got my blacklist working, thanks for the reply's and to a fellow forum member with emails
I have another ?, what does correlation do in the GUI, I see lots of choices, don't seem to matter what I select

grshirley

Are you running this using GRC and if so can I get a copy of the grc file? The code appears to have disappeared but I'm really just interested in the blocks used.

KA1RBI

what does correlation do in the GUI, I see lots of choices, don't seem to matter what I select

The correlation is an old feature but still a good one. If you tune to a P25 station (C4FM works better than CQPSK), and select P25P1 you should see a clean set of correlation peaks corresponding to the Frame Sync patterns in the P25 data. Likewise if you tune to a TRBO/DMR type station you should see a noticeable correlation when the correct selection is chosen. In general if you have a notion of what a particular station is the correlation gives a quick way of confirming or refuting your theory...

Max

biloxicoast

Premium Subscriber
op25 install help tucson, az to trunk scan

im a 3 day linux user trying to get op25 up and running

steps so far:
formatted hdd to fat 32
installed ubuntu 14.04.3
downloaded pybombs
pybomb gnuradio
cant pybomb op25
cmake op25

get File "./scope.py", line 54, in <module>
import op25
ImportError: No module named op25
steven@steeven:~/prefix/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps$

biloxicoast

Premium Subscriber
Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) at op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/CMakeLists.txt:20 (include):
Syntax Warning in cmake code at

/home/steven/prefix/op25/cmake/Modules/GrPython.cmake:196:100

Argument not separated from preceding token by whitespace.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
GR_FILTER_LIBRARY
linked by target "gnuradio-op25_repeater" in directory /home/steven/prefix/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/lib

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/steven/prefix/op25/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
steven@steeven:~/prefix/op25/build$

br0adband

biloxicoast:

The older pybombs method of installing OP25 isn't used anymore, things are much simpler now and if you follow the directions in this post you can be up and running in say 30-45 minutes without issues (ok, there will always be issues I suppose since you're new to using Linux as you say but even so the instructions do work):

http://forums.radioreference.com/so...ject-run-op25-windows-7-a-16.html#post2654021

I've used those instructions several times now to get OP25 working in short order, they work for me and others so there's no reason to think they won't work for you as well.

(yes it's the same post Covack just linked to above, actually)

biloxicoast

Premium Subscriber
it works :) so far now i need how to figure out the tab based files for trunking. i have been seeing so many different outdated ways to install this stuff.

br0adband

Use the example files that person who did the instructions used. When it says tabbed it means you don't use spaces between the variables, you literally hit the Tab key so it jumps to the correct space, enter the new variable (some require quotation marks), then Tab again, etc. Even just one space character can throw it all off and make it non-functional which is something I really got frustrated with when I first messed with OP25 but at least now I understand it.

Same goes for the TG lists if you create them, no spaces, only Tabs separating the fields. If you have only a few TGIDs you want to whitelist or blacklist you can put them into the relevant trunk file but if you have a bunch of them you can instead put the filename of the whitelist or blacklist file (another .tsv) and have a completely separate file for those purposes.

It does take some time to get OP25 understood but once you do using it becomes second nature like most anything else we learn from repetition.

Status
Not open for further replies.