OPC Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
If you give 142.770 a listen, you will notice a persistent "noise" being transmitted for seconds at a time, then it breaks and shortly resumes again.

Kind of annoying when you are trying to scan. :mad:

gary123

Depends where you are. OPC is quiet here in my area although there is the occasional radio check.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
If you give 142.770 a listen, you will notice a persistent "noise" being transmitted for seconds at a time, then it breaks and shortly resumes again.

Kind of annoying when you are trying to scan. :mad:

You might just be experiencing some localized noise or interference. I don't have anything like that in my area. In fact I heard Deep River do a radio check this morning on there with OPP with no problems.

dvdbir

That similar problem has been happening here in Timmins in the past month or two too .. it was on/off keying repeatedely

Jammin_Jay

All I can think of is noise , or what is referred to as radio "birdies"
Other then that the keying might be from the input going through the repeater triggering 142.770 to output what it receives. Since there is no tone. OPC is csq.
Take a listen on 138.750, which would be the input to see if you hear anything, I don't know what the sensitivity of the repeaters receiver is, but it could be picking up noise on certain towers, while others it doesn't.

ATCTech

There is a digital data stream in there at times, just quick squelch breaks others. S-9 on the IC-R7000 (for what that's worth <g>) out here Mike.

Bob

mciupa

Database Admin
I've been hearing this too in Wellington county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, it is fairly wide spread. Guelph to Oshawa have been reported so far. The easterners in Ontario don't seem to be bothered with it.

I'm going to wear out my Enter button doing those Temp Avoid's daily. :(

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
So, it is fairly wide spread. Guelph to Oshawa have been reported so far. The easterners in Ontario don't seem to be bothered with it.

I'm going to wear out my Enter button doing those Temp Avoid's daily. :(

Are you still getting the data TX's? I stopped receiving them on the 3 channels since the PM has left the area for Sudbury.

gary123

I heard something similar when someone was running a DVRS on an analog system. the DVRS handshake (a short P25 burst) would key every few seconds. I wonder if this might be the noise heard?

OPC has been quiet in the London area no bursts heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.