Open Letter to Richard Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It was gccflscan - RE Christian. He's posted over 300 PMs to individuals over the past year with stuff like:

and

You would be best to join the group at

wpascanner : Wstrn Pennsylvania & Pittsburgh scanner

And ask there as the users for that area do not frequent this site for exchanging data.

and

We ARE LOOKING for FEED PROVIDERS.

WE are NOT connected with this site.

If you would like to return your feed that was stolen from you then send an email to:

scancaster@scancaster.net

They will get you info on where to send your feed.

and

and

and

Post here if you choose, but since 1998 when the Trunker program started and since the

1) Authors
2) developers
3) Users

Of all these programs have used these two areas, and not this site for the development and support of the programs.

We choose not to use this site to support users, so your support request will most likely go unanswered here.

Can you believe this????

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Wow. That's an unhealthy amount of insecurity and possessiveness.

I'd never have the rocks to pull that kind of thing.. I'd be too fearful that the legitimate owner of what I was trying to pass as my own would release a "poison pill" that I'd get the blame for.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
As a reminder we'd never allow anyone to advertise sites like this dope was doing. Next time someone gets PM's like this click the
report.gif
icon in the upper right and let us know.

hulio

Premium Subscriber

SCPD

QRT
Trunker.info no longer shows any reference to Unitrunker, just FYI.
The plagiarized text and graphics are still there. Google for "Unitrunker" - click the "trunker.info" link (fourth or fifth link down). I am grateful when anyone posts useful information about Unitrunker; but please post a link if you're too lazy to create your own content.

Baylink

Premium Subscriber
Indeed, I don't see any unitrunker content there either.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the mod to edit an Update into the original posting, now?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Looks like R. E. Christian - the audience for my open letter in 2009 - is at it again.

PGHScanner.com - Richard E Christian

*eye roll*

I see he has registered domains unitrunker.us and unitrunker.org - which point to one of his ad ridden sites.
Rick,

I guess you keep an eye on this pretty much because you have to; I was just wondering if you noticed he now is claiming ownership (or at least admin control of) DSD and the MBE library efforts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-23 at 1.52.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-23 at 1.52.29 PM.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,011

SCPD

QRT
He did that a year ago. Used my online alias to create a sourceforge login, create a new sourceforge project - creating the appearance that someone named "yunitrunker" was in charge (as discussed in a DSD thread).

He did a poor job managing (neglecting) the original Trunker project. People and ideas have moved on.

The real open source decoding projects are op25 and Gnu radio.

I unstuck this thread when he removed my content from his wiki pages. Apparently he's still at it.

Edit: you won't find an R. E. Christian website on CNN. Just sayin' ...

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Looks like R. E. Christian - the audience for my open letter in 2009 - is at it again.

PGHScanner.com - Richard E Christian

*eye roll*

I see he has registered domains unitrunker.us and unitrunker.org - which point to one of his ad ridden sites.

The above site has me confused...is he saying he is a different Richard E Christian K3FS?
Or is he seriously delusional enough to believe folks might think that is you posting on that site trying to pretend you are he/him/it? Whatever the case d00d needs to straight up get a frickin' life to have been doing this for so freakin' long....sorry you have to put up with that Rick....
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The above site has me confused...is he saying he is a different Richard E Christian K3FS?
Or is he seriously delusional enough to believe folks might think that is you posting on that site trying to pretend you are he/him/it? Whatever the case d00d needs to straight up get a frickin' life to have been doing this for so freakin' long....sorry you have to put up with that Rick....
Marshall KE4ZNR

Never mind...I think I have it figured out...apparently REC "stole" this guys Callsign K3FS and used it here at RR.com.
This guy needs serious help.
Marshall KE4ZNR

pghscanner

Richard E. Cristian has done more than use my call as screen name here. He also registered k3fs.com, k3fs.net, k3fs.info domains. He then plagiarized the information from my sites. He has since put a statement on there that he will no longer be maintaining the sites, and signed it Frank K3FS.

I was motivated to make my Richard E. Christian page : PGHScanner after seeing this thread.

I have not seen any postings anywhere with anything positive to say about Richard E. Christian.

D

DaveNF2G

Identity theft is now a Federal crime. Has anyone tried turning over all of this information to DOJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.