Open letter to the Moderators of the Colorado Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

The members have asked time in time again for all new information submitted to the Colorado database, to first be run by the open forum before being posted to the database. This would serve two porpoises. One to make the Database as accurate as possible, and two to make the members of the Colorado forum feel like they are really a part of the goings on here at Radio Reference. All it would take is when a submission is received, the moderator that gets that submission nicely asked the submitter to first run it by the open CO forum. If the submitter is not willing to take that step, I would think the members here would rather get their information from somewhere else. Again I am not bashing the moderators what so ever, I am simply asking for them to take steps to make the Database as accurate as possible, we are very lucky here in the Colorado forum to have many experts in the radio field. So by posting first in the forum, as a forum could make sure that all talk groups are labeled correctly and that all simplex channels are labeled correctly and in the correct spot. All I ask is that the moderators here in the forum take time to consider this request. Thank you for your time.

M

mpg0515

!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure I brought this up before, yet doesn't change. I noticed yesterday that the Fort Collins PD TG's had been changed AGAIN, when they have already been confirmed about twenty times. Myself, and many other PS or former public safety employees have confirmed these. Why try and change them? Anyone can say "oh, 4035 is a FCPD Dispatch TG" and then it would be changed probably within 24 hours!

Couldn't agree more that this is something that needs to be fixed! I already think that I have made my point, or not?, with not any longer giving "donation(s)".

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I have long stopped submitting corrections to the database, especially the TG section because it seems that no sooner than you submit a change someone else thinks they know better the designation of a channel and it promptly gets changed. At least they remain accurate in my software and spreadsheets.

A brief discussion post before changes are made would be really welcome!

Thanks Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I agree with Charlie 100%.
There were some very ugly discussions some time ago with a certain moderator who had a REAL problem with Colorado forum members posting information here and not immediately submitting them to the database. I recall that he referred to members here in insulting and unflattering terms. It put an end to my participation in these forums for many months and a vow to NEVER contribute a dime to a site that treats active members in such a way.

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
firescannerbob said:
I agree with Charlie 100%.
There were some very ugly discussions some time ago with a certain moderator who had a REAL problem with Colorado forum members posting information here and not immediately submitting them to the database. I recall that he referred to members here in insulting and unflattering terms. It put an end to my participation in these forums for many months and a vow to NEVER contribute a dime to a site that treats active members in such a way.

Right with ya!!! I've given up on this forum. It also has put a end if my participation if SUCH THE SMALLEST things are considered the most horrible crime in the world on these forums, such as posting a joke.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
I ditto what firescannerbob said and 2nd it to. People who know whats going on are being bashed by people who think they know whats going on. Thats also why I don't submit anything anymore. There have been several changes to the El Paso Cnty system that are not in the database. So admin and moderator and owners take notice of what is going on and make changes.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Could we have a separate sub-forum in the CO section, like the breaking news one, to evaluate potential DB changes?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Moderators vs forum posters

Wow Ive not been here all that often of late , I really dont know what brought all this on however, I did find it funny a related post has the PERFECT EXAMPLE of how "we" all sound ......................Give them a break guys we are all human and have other lives besides this ,and to be honest of late it sucks pretty bad ! now you know my spin on things

God bless read this and figure out wich line best describes you

good night

how many posts to change a light bulb

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 to hijack the thread by asking how to cook pasta
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATE THIS LAST ONE!!!!!!!!

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Jeffery, we can always count on you to provide something useful. Not.
You admit you have no idea whats going on, and then proceed to tell us how we're all wrong. Nice job.

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
firescannerbob said:
Jeffery, we can always count on you to provide something useful. Not.
You admit you have no idea whats going on, and then proceed to tell us how we're all wrong. Nice job.

BOB God Bless you I was just trying to show all of us how we sound sometimes .....

Thank you for proving my point good night

jfab

jeffreyinberthoud said:
BOB God Bless you I was just trying to show all of us how we sound sometimes .....

Thank you for proving my point good night
Where is the gun forcing you to use this forum? If you don't like it, don't use it. I have found this forum and people in it helpful and for the most part, self-less when it comes to helping those of us who are still learning the hobby. Then there are people like you who make us feel stupid and hesitant to ask questions. LEAVE THE FORUM IF YOU HATE IT SO BAD. It is pretty damn selfish to just take and take and take from the people on the forum, then ***** and moan at them. Good luck in the future getting help/advice from the people in this forum. I know I do not enjoy helping people like you. And all Charles was doing was making a suggestion. It was going fine and everyone was in agreement until you turned it around into something completely off topic. You proved your own point, and you wrecked this thread. Take a good long look in the mirror before you post your little "poem".

Good night.

Last edited:

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
I think by far this is the thread that finally lets our emotions out on the administrators who delete and move innocent posts then bash the poster for making such a small innocent mistake.

It's like the soccer mom getting pulled over for doing 5 over.

EDIT,

Never mind, i take that back, Not really explaining my view in an assertive way....

This thread which started off about data entries is now about the handling of this forum by admins.

I see it as when the president knows people our upset with the government but dodges around it then come election time, which is about electing officials to run your government suddenly in who know how many years elects more democrats than republicans, a sign things are un-easy finally shown out in the polls.

If that makes any sense.

In short, ADMINS take this thread and learn from the citizens from it and see what you can do to make it more friendly and comforting to all members reasonable, responsible way.

Another side note, why haven't all the admins commented in this thread? I think only one has...

Last edited:

cstockmyer

OK guys, I did not make this thread so people could trash our moderation team. So please, please keep it civil OK? As long as this thread is open we have a chance to make our case for this chance to happen, if it gets locked due to people bashing there goes our shot, get the idea?

I like Craig's Idea, but instead of it;s own forum. Why not make it a sticky like was used for re banding? In the long run I think if anything this will make the Database admin;s job easier. Instead of going in and changing bad information in the Database, they will know that when information is submitted it has been confirmed or adjusted by the forum. Therefore making our Database as accurate and up to date as possible. I understand that the Database admins are all volunteer and have a life out side of RR. If they think this would take to much of their time, maybe as a forum we could elect a new database admin from the experts we are lucky to have here. Again that is just an idea I am throwing out there, nothing more. Again please please keep this thread civil, do me that favor OK?

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
"OK guys, I did not make this thread so people could trash our moderation team. So please, please keep it civil OK? As long as this thread is open we have a chance to make our case for this chance to happen, if it gets locked due to people bashing there goes our shot, get the idea?"

I think that horse left the barn about ten entries ago witch was my point to begin with!
we all have opinions they are just like ..........................buttHOLES

anyway Im sorry if I ofended anyone .....Like I said Mods' do quite a job for most part
look at all the differing opinions on what TG's should or shoudnt be there.....and maybe we will all get along better . or think of the fun if database was not there at all?
Thank you moderators for your hard work.PS THEY DONT GET PAID DO THEY?

well I have a life to lead..... so Ill just shut up now again Im sorry if I offended anyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Troop

Ryfly said:
It's like the soccer mom getting pulled over for doing 5 over.

hey what's wrong with that?

but seriously, I hope the orginial posts to this thread made their point before it got sidetracked because I bet before the end of the day...it's got a big ole lock on it

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
My suggestion is to make a sticky for changes...simpler than a sub-forum.
As a former PITA on some forums, I can attest to the fact that attempts at sarcastic humor tend to fall flat and are almost always taken the wrong way. I've taken to pushing the computer away when I get the urge to rant. Helps the blood pressure, too.

Scan-Denver

I agree that sarcasm and/or attempts to belittle someone because of what they are saying, no matter what it is has no place here. Pointing fingers and embarrasing someone publicly is a bad thing and creates tension among everyone.

Like the old saying goes, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." Treating others the same way you would want others to treat you or your family is the best policy to stick by.

So lets all play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.