OPP (Fleetnet zone 2) suddenly stops working on GRE PSR-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsalmon

I had been happily listening to the OPP for over a month on my GRE PSR-500 scanner (in the Winchester area, but also around Perth and Calabogie).

Today there was some OPP activity in the small town I live in, so I turned on the scanner to see what the deal was... but I no longer receive any bell fleetnet transmissions.

I can get Ottawa police on the Ottawa public safety tsys, and the regional fire frequencies come in fine. I had been listening to the OPP 2 days ago with no problems.

When monitoring the wildcard group and all the saved talk groups I no longer see the 'T' symbol (trunked control indicator).

I tried restoring a backup I made using Win500 (in case something became corrupted), but that did not change anything. I went so far as to create a new tsys and talkgroup from scratch using the instructions here in the forums and the details in the database, but this new system is silent as well, with no 'T' symbol either. Batteries are brand new energizers... I'm really at a loss.

If I hit 'Analyze' I can work through the control freqs until I find the local one, and I do hear the trunking signal, and I even get some data showing up. But still nothing is coming in.

Did something change on the system? Is anyone else finding the OPP silent?

gsalmon

Working again - Must have been interference?

It's beyond me why but all my talkgroups started working again when I decided to take the scanner in the car with me.

The scanner is usually sitting around my desk, as it was when I was trying to figure this out, it's always worked perfectly up till this glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.