Optocom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
Any Optocom users out there?
Mine is still going strong, and Scan Star's support is really rock solid these days.
Just looking for other fans of the radio and their comments!

shortwaving

I Used To...

Own an Optocom.

Really, really miss it.

If another crosses my path, or either of you guys decide to take the leap, keep me in mind.

morfis

They are like rocking horse **** in the UK.
The OS535's are also uncommon here and it's rare to see either for sale "second-hand".
Everyone I know who use them here is unlikely to sell which is a measure of how well they are thought of.

K4NRG

Anybody had a problem with the volume control flaking out on their Optocom? Mine will not vary. I've resorted to running the audio into an outboard amp that I can use to control volume. I'd love to get it fixed but have no clue where to send it....

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hey folks,
I still have 2 running strong on Scanstar. I'm using an old Dell Optiplex400 that has 2 built in Com ports.

No issues here. I primarily use them for conventional UHF and Trunked UHF montioring.

(I also have a 456 in a 2005)

Dave

K4NRG

Thanks DaveIN! I completely forgot about the utility disk. Been using it with ScanStar for so long...I wouldn't trade this receiver for anything...Well, maybe an IC R9000 :p

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
morfis said:
They are like rocking horse **** in the UK.
The OS535's are also uncommon here and it's rare to see either for sale "second-hand".
Everyone I know who use them here is unlikely to sell which is a measure of how well they are thought of.

I own two 2042s with os535s.

Yes, I wont be giving those up any time soon.

It is hard to find them on Ebay.
icon6.gif

morfis

K4NRG said:
Thanks DaveIN! I completely forgot about the utility disk. Been using it with ScanStar for so long...I wouldn't trade this receiver for anything...Well, maybe an IC R9000 :p

Going away from the topic but I wouldn't swap for an IC-R9000....maybe an IC-R8500 though!

Status
Not open for further replies.