Orange County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisam27

Hi, I'm very new to this. I have had a Radioshack Pro-67 for many years but never really used it that much. However, I am now interested in listening to Orange County Sheriff's Sector 5 Patrol... International drive area. I have been messing around with it and looking up info but I cannot seem to find the exact specific frequency for just OCSO Sector 5. Anyone know? Or could help me? Thank you!! Lisa

lisam27

So basically the Radioshack Pro-67 is not a trunking scanner? I know it scans through some 800 frequencies and I occasionally find sector 4 briefly and sector 2 or 3. My fiance is a deputy and I'm just curious as to occasionally listen to the calls they go to and hear what's going on.. but I specifically would like to listen to sector 5 and maybe sector 4.. and although I can catch sector 4 briefly, it never stays around. I pick up EMS more so as it scans around. But I don't know how to just limit it to one sector or the other and keep it at that.. maybe you can't.. or maybe it's the scanner though I can pick some sectors up.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
lisam27 said:
So the Pro-97 should work then for this?

From what i've read all over the internet, the pro-67 is not a trunking scanner, but yes the pro-97 would work fine for this. The reason you can't ever listen to the sectors is because a trunking system jumps frequencies, but stays on the same "talkgroups". So, if you get a trunking capable scanner, then you can limit it down to only sector 5 by just locking out all the other talkgroups. All the TG'S are listed under the frequencies on the orange county trunking page.

Status
Not open for further replies.